RUNNING TO THE TOILET OVER 20 TIMES A DAY

Posted , 5 users are following.

For months I have had problems with running to the toilet but it seems to be getting worse.  I am going at least over 20 times day and waking up to go and  having leakage as well while walking.

I am on blood pressure tablets (Doxazosin 3mg) and Fibromyalgia and was wondering would this be the problem?

I cannot go out due to this..

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura,

You really need to see a Doctor about this. 20 times a day is more than usual, and it sounds like it is interfering with your life.

In the meantime, you may want to consider ways that would help you live a normal life, even if that means thinking the unthinkable. Until surgery, or other medication, perhaps pads or even Tena-style underwear might help. If you already use these, and find they are not absorbent enough, consider getting your local mobility store to send you some professional "diapers". Supermarket styles are just not made well.

I hope you find some support and help soon.

• Posted

Hi Laura i agree with 2funalfa you do need to get to the doctors. I was the same as you...constantly going day and night. I always need to know where the toilets are everywhere i go even now. I soon learnt that i needed to be padded up. It's hard to accept at first but you soon kind of get used to it.

Don't let this ruin your life. Unlike 2funalfa i won't wear incontince pads like Tena. I tried and found they wern't for me. Instead i use Always Night Times throughout the day and night. Most of the time i use 2 different sorts...so they come quite high up the back and front. It's what i feel comfy with as they're quite thin. Mind you it does cost a bit but...

I'm also on 2mg Doxazosin. 20mg Lisinopril. Thyroxine and a water tablet!! Gotta laugh about the last one as it's quite ironic!!

Bite the bullet and see your doctor asap. Once you've been it won't seem so bad and you can get the treatment you need and your life back on track.

Good luck x

• Posted

Thank you for the replies.. I rang to see a doctor but having to wait until the 8th August.. I will be ringning on Monday in the hope of talking to a doctor..

I hope this isn't permanent as I couldn't live with this day in and day out..

• Posted

Hi Laura,  as others have said your doctor will be able to prescribe medication to help with the urgency.  As for the leaking when you walk I presume you already do your pelvic floor exercises and there is a gadget you can buy called a Kegel 8 which stimulates the muscles for you and it might be worth trying that too.  If that fails there are surgical options.  I am having an operation called a Burch's colposuspension next week because I also leak when I walk or exercise;  It lifts and supports the bladder.  Tapes are also a possibility although they have had rather a bad press recently for causing more problems than they fix.  All in all you don't have to put up with this.  Speak to your doctor about being referred to a urologist. 

?Best of luck.

• Posted

Hi Mary

Will wait until I hear the verdict form blood tests etc etc and then see where I have to go from here..

Hope your op goes well and helps..

Thank you for your reply

• Posted

Thanks for your good wishes Laura.  The best of luck to you too.
  • Posted

Hi Laura,  it sounds as if you are really suffering. The above suggestions are brill but I'm giving you advice on lst resort if none of the above work for you.  My suggestion may not work either.

I have been suffering from MS since 2005 and the MS affected my bladder for 18 months (brain stopped telling my bladder to empty naturally.  My bladder would just empty without any sensation or warning).  I was referred to Urology by my Neurologist and had a Supra Pubic Catheter fitted.  This has completely changed my life.  I am no longer a prisoner to the toilet, as you seem to be too.  I had the procedure done by local anaestetic and the procedure was very straightforward.

It's not too nice having a bag strapped to my leg for the wee wee to go into but I can go out and about without the worry of wetting myself.

Hope you find a solution to help you soon.

Take care.

Shazzie xx

• Posted

Thanks Shazzie

I have had blood tests done this morning to see what is going on.  I thought it was medication and doctor has said no.  

I have Fibromyalgia and thought it could be that but will just have to wait until tests come back..

I can only imagine how difficult things have been for you. But can see where the worry of not wetting yourself and wearing a bag is the positive.. 

Thank you for your response

• Posted

Thanks Laura.

Sounds like you are on the ball with tests etc.  I hope they manage to make your life easier.

I have missed weddings, funerals etc and it is so nice to get out and not worry about being sat next to the loo.  It's not as if I ever wore mini skirts.  That might not be a good look.  Lol.

Kind Regards Laura.

Shazzie x

• Posted

An update to this post..

So went to doctors and have been dianosed with Urge Incontinence and Stress Incontinence.  I have been tyold about excercises for both and been given Vesicare 5mg..

Can you correct Urge Incontinence with medciation and excercise?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.