Runny nose through out the Year

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having runny nose and sneezing very badly up to 10-15 times every morning. I used to feel little relief by noon and it may start again at night, This has been happening from my childhood and now it is affecting my work and social life as well. Sometimes i do get throat pain also because of severe cold. I think am allergic to dust and dust mites. please suggest me how can i get relief from this worst condition. I feel always sick and dizzy because of this. Would Sinus surgery do any help in this case..?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am also allergic to dust and dust mites. I had very severe allergy, sneezing, blocked nose, and I figured out it was all due to the location, which was hot and humid. Since I moved I feel heaps better.

What you should do first is a skin prick allergy test. Have you seen an ENT yet?

Have you had a CT? Surgery would be only beneficial if you have severe deviated septum or polyp. Mind you, there are risk in the surgery so I would leave that as a very last resort.

Allergies can't be fixed with surgery. I had turbinectomy, and it did nothing at all! Turbinectomy has a risk of having ENS- empty nose syndrome - look it up. 

You can try antihistamine tablets or sprays, or costeroid sprays, like nasonex, rhinocort, etc

Or you can try the natural way: nasal saline rinse or wash.

Or you can do what I did, figure out if the place where you live causing you those allergies and move away from there

• Posted

Thank you..

I have not done skin prick allergy test so far. thanks for the suggestion i will surely go for it. The place where i belong to is hot and humid. But for past few months i was fine here. Recently i traveled to different locations and came back and it started again for me. 

• Posted

I used to live in a hot tropical climate. I was fine for about 2 years. And after that it just suddenly hit me. My nose got blocked and just stayed that way no matter what I did. When I went away it improved. When I went back, pretty much straight away - as soon as I got out from the airport it hit me again.

Where I live now is quite dry, but occasionally I do experience some congestion / runny / itchy nose, like yesterday, it was a very windy day and overnight I had quite a bit of sinus congestion, I had to take decongestant, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to sleep. Dust remains in the air for quite some time, even if there is no more wind. And for me to recover form a windy day like this could take several days.

It seems you got a very similar problem. Hot and humid is not the best thing for allergies unfortunately.

It's interesting what you saying about the morning sneezing. I had also horrible sneezing attacks, and for me night times were a lot worse that days. Definitely something to do with climate, humidity, air pressure.

I suggest you try all those natural remedies, give it a go with costeroid sprays - but keep in mind those ones will damage the lining on your nose in the long run. 

If it causes you a great deal of problem, like you can't sleep, tiredness, etc, you might want to consider relocating to a different area.

• Posted

Hello, it sounds as though you need to take a daily antihistamine, if you're not already.  I take Citrizine.  Also you could ask your doctor to prescribe a steroid nasal spray.  Mine is Flixonase Aqueous spray.  Do you also suffer from blocked ears due to all the mucus you make from your allergies ? If so, it's called Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and in my humble opinion ETD is far worse than Rhinitis, as that can be helped....blocked ears are something else, which is such a horrible condition to suffer.

Anne

• Posted

Thank you Anne...

Luckily I don't suffer blocked ears but for me after two days of severe running nose it will turn to a throat pain, sometimes cough also used to come if the condition is worse. I Used to take azithromycin tabs for throat pain. and may get a cure after 4-5 days. But this repeats at least 7-8 times in a 6 months duration.

And most of the time cold and sneezing will be persisting.

which would be the best way to control rhinitis? is there any natural methods which we can follow to control this situation..? If not i will check with my doc for antihistamine intake as you said and for a nasal spray.

• Posted

Hi again,  Well, I've tried everything and nothing really works.  You could buy a good immune booster and try that.  I usually take a course just before Winter begins in England.

I've recently purchased Bromelain and Quercetin.  I live in England have use a good Health Food shop.

To get it under control as you doctor for Flixonase Nasules to begin with.  These can be use for only 6 weeks max.  The go onto Flixonase Aqueous Spray.  Both steroid based, but the nasules are stronger.  I finish my 6 weeks course today and really hoping once back on the less strong Flixonase spray I still be ok.

Get yours under control first, then try and find something herbal.  You can Google it and see what's recommended.

All the best

Anne

• Posted

You can also try this:

?Take a lot of warm water, stay away from physical stress and cold as much as possible. Also take Natural fruits like Oranges to improve the Vitamins in the body and vegetables. It has worked for me. More importantly pray to God for help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.