runny/stuffy nose with pain in the one nostril

Posted , 6 users are following.

Please before I go completely insane cuz I have to make another doc appt. can anyone tell me if they have a constant runny and stuffy nose and a weird pain in one nostril - is this related to perimenopause.????..I have no other sick symtpoms

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi dear hope you are doing well. There are many, many symptoms for this perimenopause.  I think I've had more than you. I too have had that severe pain in one nostril it was so painful.  It must be another one of the symptoms.  Others on this forum have also complained about runny, stuffed noses.  Just so you know you are not alone and should be just fine seeing the doctor dear.  💚💜💙
  • Posted

Hi Dane, strangely enough I was at the doctors yesterday with the same thing, everyday my nose feels blocked and when it does start running it's going down the back of my throat making me constantly throat clear, it is a nightmare, I have been given a cortisone nasal spray, hopefully this will do the trick. I have just been told that I am pre menopause so maybe it is one of the many symptoms.

good Luck and I hope you get sorted xx

• Posted

Hi,

I've had a stuffy nose now for 3 weeks, all happened over night, after using over the counter nasal spray for 2 weeks it would help for a short while but within 3 hours couldn't breathe again, went to the doctor and he has given me a spay that has Steroids in it.. No real explanation, I'm wondering if we are more prone to allergies along with EVERYTHING else!

• Posted

Hiya

You are talking to the 'Queen of Snotting Noses'!!

Well I was until a few years back when i finally got my butt to the Doctors and asked for something to be done about my nasal polyps.  The one the left nostril actually took up the whole nostril. So much so when I got a cold it almost hung outlol!!

After years of snotty noses, catarrh, no sense of taste or smell (90% of the time), I had them removed. Along with a sinus flush.  Aside from it being the answer to my dreams, that general anaesthetic gave me the best night's kip I've had in yonks!!

Long story short......Been getting a 'peppery' sensation in left nostril since December (yeah, starting to be my 'favourite' month - not!). Don't notice it too much, but assumed it was my snotty snitch coming back to plague me but......who knows?!!

Other than that, I have most every Peri symptom going - please don't nasal probs be one of them.  If that's the case, I've been perimenopausal for most of my life ha, halol!!

You'll probably be given a nasal spray like sue & carol (below).  Personally hate them (but then I hate all medications. Period ('cuse the pun!) and after years of resorting to decongestants just to breath/taste, I'm praying not to go back there.

Good Luck!

PS - I like to inhal eucolyptus oil in boiling water to clear my nose. Might help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.