Ruptured Achilles

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all just wanted to log my recovery. Ruptured Achilles had surgery 31st October two weeks in cast then 7 weeks in boot. Physio every week since January just got all clear from hospital. Walking normally able to weight bear on tip toe and balance on effected foot. Worked really hard on physio and followed all the steps. I am 42 years and so pleased with my progress. Back to normal exercise and function 😃

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When I say normal function I am able to walk without limp and able to go on trampoline. I still have tightness on the Achilles and get some soreness but physio said that's normal. Have to continue daily stretches but calf muscle back to normal. Out walking dogs twice daily and on exercise bike. Weight bearing exercise in the pool daily in January I feel helped me. There is light at the end of the tunnel guys just stay positive and try keep moving 😃
  • Posted

Congratulations Sardie

I ruptured mine on tesame day as you. 4wks in cast, 4weeks in boot was my treatment but stopped using the boot after two weeks. Saw a physio after coming out of the cast who gave me some basic ROM exercises to do and that was the first and last time i saw a physio.

Saw the consultant today for the 3rd and final time and informed me am doing well (no thanks to him) and no longer need to see him.

Basically been doing my own exercises since the cast was removed and the physio exercises were simply ROM exercises. Thank goodness for the internet.

My walking is pretty "normal" and a bit of a limp when am "powerwalking". I have also unknowingly jogged a few times when late for the bus without any pain and only realising what i did when i got on the bus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.