Ruptured biceps tendon 10 year old injury

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is it too late to have a biceps tenodisis performed after about 10 years. 

I have a supraspinatus tendon tear and was wondering while the tear was being repaired if the end of the biceps tendon is viable enough for the tenodisis? Thanks in advance for any advice

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a popeye biceps?

Do you know whether its the long or short head that was ruptured?

Are you sure it was complete rupture? If so I would imagine the muscle will have shortened substantially making it not plausible. But you can certainly ask your orthopaedic surgeon for their opinion.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you need surgical intervention to repair (reattach) the supraspinatus tendon.  Good luck to you!!  PS I think your surgeon can work with you regarding the biceps tendon.  Make sure you talk to the surgeon in advance.  You do not want to struggle with the biceps tendon during your recovery if there is an issue.  GOOD LUCK and post updates along your journey to recovery!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.