Ruptured Cyst - Severe bloating, look 5 months pregnant

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there,

It is difficult to find someone to chat to about my current situation. Thankfully not diagnosed with anything but my symptoms are concerning. I'm 29 mum of 3 and It all started in Dec 19 and my extreme fatigue, and brown discharge was put down to grieving/stress and dismissed. I kept going back and forth to the GP with back pain and extreme fatigue and finally my doctor sent me for a CBC which showed inflammation and folate deficiency anemia which was put down to suspected food intolerance which I have tried to work on at home with very little evidence to show this.

However, now 3 months on the folic acid with very little improvement with my fatigue I was rushed into A&E with suspected appendicitis. My symptoms were nausea, frequent urination, poor appetite/full up and dizziness for 3 weeks prior and at the weekend my stomach expanded drastically with severe right abdominal pain. I had an ultrasound which showed a ruptured cyst in my right ovary but because I was originally sent to the consultant with suspected appendicitis he said he has done all he had to in treating or my case not treating appendicitis and that my results would now be sent to my GP for them to follow up and only come back to A&E if my bowel habits change. I got very little time to ask questions or explain that it runs in my family and all my other symptoms, as understandably he was doing his original job of treating my suspected illness. But, with the current climate I am unable to see (video call) my GP until December.

I am worried about my symptoms as the bloating is still the same 4 days on and I look about 5 months pregnant with tender and sore abdominal & back pain with extreme fatigue and nausea. Googling these symptoms I'm reading the worst (but it's easy to scare yourself whilst waiting in between appointments). I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar, whether I should follow this up, whether I am overeating? and what they done to manage this at home etc.?

Ovarian cysts run in my family with my sister having her ovaries removed 10years ago. But her symptoms were totally different to mine as she had no symptoms and her emergency procedure of removing her ovaries all happened very suddenly.

Thankfully nothing diagnosed but hoping I can reach someone who has experienced something similar as not sure where else to turn in the meantime.

thank you x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.