Ruptured Ovarian Cyst?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I think I have a ruptured cyst.

Have had intermittent pain for a couple of weeks and my doctor has arranged a scan for May.

Today the pain is bearable but more constant and I feel slightly nauseous.

Couldn't get a telephone appointment today

( I am in the UK) but doctor calling me in the morning.

Has anyone experienced this?

Had a ruptured functional cyst a few years ago but I can't remember the advice given.

Hoping it settles soon and that the discomfort will ease.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

The doctor should have arranged for you to go to emergency immediately! You could develop septic shock which can be fatal! I would get down the nearest hospital emergency and don't listen to that so-called doctor ever again. Once you get to the hospital they'll give you the proper treatment you need and deserve! Good luck and keep us updated.

• Edited

I was asked a lot of questions over the phone regarding infection etc and thankfully I don't have the symptoms.

I am actually having to isolate due to Corona and being in a vulnerable category so have to be careful about hospital appointments etc.

I did have this happen many years ago and I had to rest and take painkillers so hopefully it will be a similar situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.