Ruptured Ovarian Cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone had a ruptured ovarian cyst and how long did it take to recover?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi Rhonda. I'm sure everyone is different. I was in horrible pain for several months and on Percoset. Still in pain for prob a month after and painful periods. Then because I have a sensitive stomach I had horrible stomach cramps after stopping the Percoset for 6 months after and lost a ton of weight (only upside 😃). Now the same ovary sometimes is sore or throbs and it's prob 4 years later. But also prob depends on size of cyst. And also if you don't have a sensitive stomach. Some women told me it took them 6 months to feel normal again total. But I know other women who were better in a few weeks. So just depends. Just make sure if you are in bad pain they give you good painkillers. And if you have a sensitive stomach take something to protect it like glutamine supplement.

• Posted

Hi Sakura

Thankyou so much for your reply.

Really sorry to hear of your suffering.

I've had problems for two weeks now, which feels like ages, but I will try and be patient.

I hope you feel a lot better soon. I had no idea of the problems a cyst could cause!

• Edited

If you're not in excruciating pain now you'll prob be much better in a few weeks. 😃

• Posted

Aww thankyou so much Sakura.

It's been so helpful to chat here.

The doctors are so busy right now and I felt there wasn't enough time to ask questions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.