Ruptured quadriceps tendon surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I ruptured my quadriceps tendon 10 months ago. I had surgery to repair the tendon. Had the surgery 10 days after the Diagnosis. My question is how important is getting the surgery as soon as possible for the quadriceps tendon? My knee won't bend that well and was told that it could be caused by not having the surgery sooner. Any thoughts would help me out. Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, I had the same operation nearly two years ago. Fortunately I was operated on the next day. I still suffer from stiffness and it will never be the same as the other knee. I’m not sure about leaving it for 10 days. I guess with regular Physio and following the doctors advice you should have mobility but again not sure how much. My heart goes out to you as I know how devastated you must feel.

stay positive and follow the experts advice

cheers

pillsy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.