Ruptured Spleen with no known cause

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I had a very rare thing happen. A month ago my spleen ruptured with no known trauma or infectious disease; I went to bed with tremendous pain in my left shoulder and upper abdomen, and thought it was gall bladder. I passed out during the night, became delirious and was found by a friend in the morning who called 911. Turned out I had internal bleeding from a ruptured spleen, spent days in the ICU and had a procedure to stop the bleeding and blood transfusions. Anyone know of a situation like this? I'm seriously uncomfortable with the thought that this can happen for no know reason

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi sarah... same thing exactly to me in 2016...

no cause, no reason...

try not to stress too much about it, is confusing, a little scary in the beginning..

i see haemotologists regularly to check my bloods...

just follow the cautions & you shoukd be good..

ALthough i dont no what docs recommend over there, im in australia.

cheers

Pam

• Posted

Hi there! I had the exact same thing. June 2017 i was sitting on the couch just drinking some chocolate milk and watching telly when I passed out and fell off the couch. My vision went blurry and I was throwing up and kept passing out. Home alone eventually I got my phone and called for a friend to take me to hospital. I had intense right shoulder pain and abdominal pain. I was loosing a lot of blood so they rushed me into surgery just to put in a camera and drain the blood only to wake up to having had emergency surgery and being told they had removed my ruptured spleen. No answers to this day to why it happened, totally random. Since the surgery every now and then i get intense abdomen pain. Do you get intense abdomen pain every now and then?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.