RUQ Chronic Abdominal Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 29 yo male and I've been dealing with this mysterious Right Upper Quadrant abdominal pain for 4 years. It lays dormant for several months if I'm lucky but this throughout this summer I've have 3 occurrence. One which was so severe I went to the ER twice. The first time I had a CT scan done which ruled out anything for my GB and intestines. The second time they took urinalysis for my Kidneys, an ultrasound on the GB and blood work for my pancreas.

When this all started I had fortunately talked to a GI and had HIDA Scan, EDG and a CLN which everything supposedly came back normal and they diagnosed me with IBS. Here's the thing, I don't feel relief from Hyoscyamine Sulfate or the other muscle relaxers I was provided. It will last several days and I will be in debilitating pain that makes it hard to even do my at home job.

Symptoms: Sharp stabbing pain in length of 1 - 3 seconds followed by a moment of no pain at all and then a dull ache which will last anywhere from 5 - 30 seconds. And it hurts like hell. Sometimes not as much but a lot of the time is hurts. I attached a photo and circled the location where it has always come back and hurts.

I'd be grateful to anyone who has had this same issue that can provide some sort of guidance on what I could possibly to do next as I feel lost. I had a history of alcohol for about 2 - 3 years if that helps any. Otherwise I've since stopped drinking heavily and rarely drink at all.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

well last night the pain again got so bad i went to the ER and morphine didnt event help at all. they gave me a GI cocktail with lidocaine and sent me home. i placed a heating pad on that spot and have felt some relief today but here and there just get the stabbing pain thats abrupt but short. blood work came back as normal.

• Posted

No one else yet. kind of got that alone feeling with this pain.

• Posted

turns out ulcers are pretty elusive. Carafate has done its job well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.