RUQ discomfort, Back ache and stomach issues ?????

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

Last year i had an ache in my shoulder/back/chest and slight discomfort under right ribs. This went away after 8 weeks. I am now having the aches again ( a year later)and slight stomach discomfort. I did take Iburofen for a time as i thought initially it was a muscle issue. Now i am wondering if this has caused the stomach probs. I still have the ache in my back (sometimes middle and sometimes right shoulder). I had some bloods done for FBC, Liver etc which came back normal. I've had this now for about 6 weeks. Has anyone else had this? Im worrying about gall bladder or pancreas problems.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ask for a gallbladder ultrasound and a HiDA scan to check gallbladder function, enquire about gastritis which can also cause these symptoms and request an endoscopy which looks for gastritis. Try to stay as calm as possible because worry makes symptoms worse. To check for pancreas problems, ask for a pancreatic enzyme test.

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Maybe go back to your GP and request further tests. I've been having exactly the same symptoms and my Dr. is organizing an abdominal ultrasound for me.

I just hope it won't be too long to wait, but in the meantime I'm trying to stick to a low fat diet because I've definitely seen a correlation between a fatty meal and then an hour later terrific back pain in the upper right shoulder area (RUQ)

I already take Pantoprazole 40 mgs daily for gastric reflux which started in February but I'm wondering now if all my symptoms have been due to a gall bladder issue all along.

Good luck

Take care and please let us know how you get on.

Jane

• Posted

I have exact symptoms am yet to see my gp but it's driving me crazy.

• Posted

Hi julie

The best thing that you can possibly do is stay off google. Trust me in this. I was and still am in a similar situation to you. I gave myself depression from reading horror stories that i found on the net. Speak to your doctors, voice your concerns and let them make the decisions Its a long way back once you convince yourself there is something wrong with one partiqular part of your body and it can also lead your docs away from the true cause

• Posted

Do you notice that your symptoms were any better or worse when:

You first woke up in the morning?

Directly after you ate (if so, how long did it take for the pain to start, on first bite or after awhile)?

Position that you were sitting (straight up vs reclining)?

Sitting vs laying down?

Driving?

Laying on your left side?

Movement or exercise - did it make it better or worse? When you are moving around, do you notice the pain less?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.