RUQ PAIN, hip pain and indigestion PLEASE HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been experiencing a right upper quadrant pain, just below my right rib. its like a constant dull ache.

i also have awful indigestion and acid reflux. and hip pain that isnt constant but i get a burning sharp stab in my hip area.

i have had

ultra sound of abdomen

three rounds of blood work

lower pelvic ultrasound

internal ultrasound

endoscopy

abdominal MRI

this all start in feb 2020 and 10months later im still tge same.

please can someone help or advise or just reasurre me?

thankyou

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear that you're going through this. I've been experiencing upper abdominal discomfort (dull ache) for three months now especially in the RUQ. also, there's occasional heartburn and headaches and I used to have nausea in the beginning but not anymore

I've been on PPI's ever since and there's no improvement. I've been scheduled for an ultrasound soon. I'll update here if that helps!!

• Posted

not always but there are some times when the upper abdominal discomfort radiates towards the right side of my back. there are so many symptoms and it feels like something crazy is going on with my system. the pain and discomfort, belching, indigestion, heartburn. it's annoying lol

• Posted

may i ask what other symptoms? thanks so much for replying

• Posted

yeah there are many symptoms on and off but the ones i'm currently experiencing are:

• constant upper abdominal discomfort especially in the right upper quadrant and centre
      • burping more than normal
      • occasional heartburn
      • feeling bloated everytime i eat or drink
      • slight ache in the neck and left ear and cheek sometimes

do you have any of these too?

• Posted

hi all i can say is im sorry you are going threw this they have done quite alot of intensive testing so for them to have missed anything i wouldnt think it likely they missed anything i had RUQ and hip pain with lots if testing and they cam to the conclusion that it was referred pain from scyatica excuse my spelling maybe you could discuss this with your gp

• Posted

Amy,

Have you had any luck tracking down a diagnosis. I have very similar symptoms and have been through most of the same testing plus a HIDA scan with nothing found so far.

Do you have any dizziness or lightheadedness with these symptoms?

Is there any specific food or drink that triggers an increase in discomfort?

Thanks

• Posted

no i havent i am having a Hida scan this week.

how are you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.