RX frequency

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!  I am wondering what the LONGEST time between needing antibiotics for BX WITH PSEUDAMONAS? How frequently rx is needed.  Thank you for feedback!!😊

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

That's just a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. If you will forgive my flippancy. Sometimes it doesn't clear up properly and additional antibiotics are needed. Maybe a different one. Other times you can go quite a long time. I had a course in January and haven't needed any since. I mean there are always changes to sputum colour but I tend to give it a day or so before I go to the antibiotics. I always know when it's the real deal - tiredness, exhaustion in fact and aching joints indicates a proper infection for me. Some years I might take 6 or 8 courses and sometimes less. Never fewer than 5. As I say it really depends on the individual and what infections they've been exposed to. I get fewer now I'm retired and not going to work to be surrounded by bugs!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.