S people blame other for how they are feeling

Posted , 3 users are following.

can people blame others for their depression?

my husband recently left me and our children because he said he was so un happy because of me and my behaviour. he told me how basically anything i did upset or annoyed him and in the end said my behaviour was controlling and manipulative. as this was the complete opposite of how he used to be- i didn't realise he might not be well and so kept asking him to spend time with me as i was lonely. he had a bath every night and then sat on his own downstairs, he didnt want to go out or see friends, just went to work and then said he was exhausted and couldn't deal with anything else but it was all down to me.

since he has moved out he still stays on his own in his house and now has longer baths but doesn't want to see friends etc.

could he be depressed or have some other mental health issue?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

yes he could absolutely be depressed. Especially leaving his whole family. It could greatly affect your children which is really sad.

did the two of you ever get some counseling? That could’ve been helpful . be a good idea for you to get counseling on your own so that you could get some support for this. it’s hard for anybody to really know what’s going on unless they know the whole story behind this. That’s why I suggest counseling. I hope everything works out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.