Sacroiliac joint pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I posted a few weeks back about the pain i was having back at work but minute i start cleaning again the pain in my back is to painful still is the Sacroiliac joint where pain is. Doctor gave me Naproxen but not doing anything for me after 2 weeks and was told to do Pilates again but im unsure as its painfull with certain movements. Also does anyone know if a stationary bike helps or not Cheers

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I do not know what Pilates is like having never taken it but it doesn't sound to me like a good idea to start something that you haven't been doing on a regular basis. I think you might be better off with either yoga or even better get some physical therapy. A physical therapist can give you stretches and exercises that you can do even with your limitations. and if you experience pain with them either during or after you need to report that to them because many of the exercises they give you can be modified so that you can perform that move without pain. as for cycling that was the first thing I had to stop because of the pain on my tailbone. I even tried using a recumbent bike with a cushion on the seat and I was miserable.

• Posted

Yes got some exercises off internet and been doing those instead but still pain and tablets no working also taken a spray of CBD oil every day. Well went to physo twice and twice she put it back in the joint and cost me £60 so no cant pay them its to much.Guess it all takes time im no good at waiting i suppose ha. Just want to work without pain simple things in life Thankyou for reply

• Posted

you may have to except that this is your new normal. have you tried muscle relaxers.

• Posted

I would be going in getting some acupuncture or some physiotherapy I wouldn’t be doing Pilates or anything strenuous to aggravate your back and definitely ask for some better painkillers and maybe some muscle relaxing like Valium I was there any GP definitely get a referral and maybe get an x-ray and an ultrasound good luck height to get Some answers soon ❤

• Posted

also heat packs and lots of rest helps heaps

• Posted

No not going to pay for acupuncture and physo . Yes if i could get some painkillers in meantime so may go bk to doctor this week and say ones he gave no good Valium no dont think so, would like an x ray or ultrasound right enough they just dont like doing all those things now. Tried heat packs etc but when work dont help I always thought they say with back pain to keep on the move not to rest

• Posted

I know you want this pain to go away and I don't blame you. But I've been doing this for 13 years and I feel like I know a little something about back pain . in your refusal to spend money on physical therapy or acupuncture but you still want to take drugs implies that you are more interested in a quick fix. the problem is one does not exist. I understand not wanting to spend the money or even not being able to afford it. I know that physical therapist will ask you to come once a week so that they can instruct you. but I believe that if you can keep up the work on your own you could manage to go a couple of time. at least once for them to show you the exercises and then a second time to make sure you're doing them correctly or alter them if they are hurting you. Surely, for the sake of your back, you're willing to spend enough money to see a physical therapist twice. Please don't be so quick to jump on the drug band wagon. I'm not against drugs and I even take opiates for my pain. But I didn't start taking opiates right away. I first tried everything there was at that time. At this time the only two things I have not tried is acupuncture and kinesiology. I did do one acupuncture session and it was useless but I'm going to try again with someone else now that my insurance will cover it. there are so many alternative therapies out there for you to try before you give into taking medication for the pain. as far as keeping moving that is a very good idea however the movements that you're making may be aggravating your situation. you might ask your company if they would pay for an ergonomic professional to come into your workplace and examine your workstation and the movements that are required for your job. then they could make suggestions for changes in your job that would make it less painful to do that job.

• Posted

I have chronic sacrialic joint dysfunction and I can tell you it it's no fun!! try water therapy.. I go to the pool 4 times a week, i wear a floater round my torso and walk up and down the deep end, this will help strengthen your joints without putting any weight on them, like the previous comment there is no quick fix buy the more you aggravate this joint ufortunately the longer it will take to heal, I wasn't able to walk for nearly 20 months because of mine and still now I am very limited but getting there, try and stay away from meds and find a cbd oil to help with your pain, good luck

• Posted

My god i never knew this could lead to something so bad. Ignorance is bliss i think as you can still have hope then. The water thing sounds good and yes i do not like taking pills as they are no cure only mask the pain thats why i want pilates to strenghen core . I will see doc again and see what he says when finish Naproxen. At work now its not so much the joint now but now straight along the base of the spine thats worse.Thank you for your comments

• Posted

Hi Margaret,

I have been suffering from the same condition for the last 4 weeks. Had an X-ray done on my lower lumbar spine and right hip. Results were all clear which makes me think I pulled a ligament or a tendon in the joint.

Niall

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.