Sacroiliitis felt in hip

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone with confirmed sacroiliitis felt it mainly in the hip? Hip MRI was clear so now we're looking again at SI joints. I do get severe lower back pain too, agony turning over in bed. I just can't understand how I can have mostly severe hip pain for years and absolutely nothing showed on my hip scan.

And would there be signs of previous chronic sacroiliitis on a pelvis MRI, if there was no active inflammation?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi, mate, I had been diagnosed with sacroilitis. It's caused by trauma, child birth and too much manual labour. Is it only your hip that hurts? It may be a good thing nothing has shown up on the MRI scan. You only want sacroilitis- you won't want the complications of AS. I suggest to have hot showers, go to a hydrotherapy pool, medical marijuana/cannabis, exercise when you can and deep heat. There's not much to be done, it's arthritis. Take care mate.

• Posted

last x ray I had was in 2015. it showed cartilage problems in my hips. since then my hips have had injections that helped. but after covid, they stopped following up on me. my arms and legs hurt so dad at night. my hips are stiff and ache so much that I want to go to the er sometimes. I'm just looked at as a pain pill seeker until they usually find word blood work. it baffles me why the er thinks I would want to waste my time on getting one injection that lasts minutes. they dint prescribe pain meds for home...lol. not to mention it takes hours to see a doctor in there and hours to wait for results . then the bill ! if I was an addict I think the streets would be easier!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.