Sacropolpoxy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm hopefully scheduled for a larproscopic sacropolpoxy in 10 days and wondered if anyone can can help with my worries about recovery time, pain etci have osteoarthritis in feet knees and hips with one knee replacement 7 years ago (I'm 70 and in good health other than chronic pain from arthritis) I've been told its just an overnight stay but painful memories of a hysterectomy 15 years ago are lurking! Many thanks for readingPat

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This sounds a similar op to what I am having done soon but I am having a bladder prolapse op (cystocele). I am having it done vaginally as far as I know. I had a rectocele op two years ago and it took much longer to recover than I expected but the surgeon says from comments he has had from other patients this is less painful so I am hoping he is right! I am also 70 and had a hysterectomy when I was 27. I found the support that I got from this group last time very helpful.All I can say is that you need to really get plenty of help and rest . Prepare to be out of action for a few weeks and no lifting! Keep writing on here and I hope it is very soon that you are on the mend-are you having the op in England?

• Posted

Hi Angela Many thanks fir your replyI'm really hoping for less pain than abdominally but I go for a premed day this Friday and the op is the following Wednesday Ive just started to think about meals Robin can put together so will stock up on chops ans steak.I walked around my local high street Brentwood trying to find a presentable nightdress as I thought this would be easier in hospital whereas I really wanted a pair of lounge type pyjamas that I'd get more use from after.I'm probably focussing on the wrong things.Best wishes Pat

• Posted

Yes I need a new nightshirt or something too. As for food I found my appetite was very poor when I came home and I virtually lived on tomato soup and fruit! You will need sanitary towels and if like me you have not needed them for ages I kept sending Graham out and getting the wrong ones. To begin with the great big padded ones were excellent as they cushioned against the swelling! Once I was back in my clothing I found that I could not wear trousers so some baggy dresses and leggings are ideal-God it is reminding me again of what lies ahead. I rang the surgeons secretary the other day and she thinks I will be scheduled for March unless he gets a cancellation. I hope it all goes well for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.