Sad

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, I don't know how others feel but I'm not sure life is worth the hard work. I'm 58 years old, a cancer survivor so far. My work mates hate me say I'm lazy, I'm 30 to 15 years older than them, my work involves heavy pushing and lots of walking. Since chemo my feet are numb, right arm lymphodema, after mastectomy. Aggressive stage 3 Tumor. I don't understand these unfeeling people, as I have carried many "lazy" work mates through out my career and am proud that I I have looked after those that needed help in being elder than me or not well. I believe in helping others!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like your work mates are the ones with the problem definetly not yiu. You sound like a very strong person to me having went through what you have and are still working a physical job. Hold your head up these people aren't worth your worry x
  • Posted

Hello there! You are a cancer survivor and this fact is enough for you to be an inspiring person for all those suffering right now! Please do use your experience to help other people fighting now with this disease. You may be valuable to them! Dont you have a choice to find something different to do instead of such a hard work? There will always be someone insensitive in this world but you know what? Life is a circle! Good times come come bad times come.. Those that dont understand you will one day come in your position. Life is such a lesson.. You are a winner and have survived so much wouldnt it be a pitty to give up now? Keep calm and carry on smile you are not alone!
  • Posted

Hi Sheridanl

I cannot believe these horrible people who you work with. Do they know your story? And that you had cancer? If not then you should think about telling them, if they already know than there are no words to describe these selfish uncaring people. I think your remarkable that you are still working after going through all that, and they are not worth you wasting any more of your time worrying about what they think of you. They are not worth it.i truly wish you lots of happiness for your future, just carry on with what you are doing, it sounds to me that your doing great and I think it's marvellous that your still working after going through all that. Your a very brave lady.

Big hugs snd take care

Lisa xx

• Posted

Hey there,

you dont have a problem, they do.

You're a cancer survivor! You are much stronger than their words.

They do not understand what you've been through.

Are you feeling better today?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.