Sad

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is my life over now that I have herpes ???  I just want my old life back 😢😢😢

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

No your life is not over!! We all feel that way. Finding this group to chat with has been my God send I feel a lot different knowing I am not alone neither are you. We just have to change some things we do. Try to find a doctor you can talk to support group get all you can read about this viral infection take it one day at a time. Will be here if you need to chat
    • Posted

I have a friend that I talk to but I still feel alone . I haven’t talked to friends nor my sexual partner about this diagnose . I’m just so lost at this point ... please pray that I get through this ! I don’t think I’ll ever love again nor trust someone again !!!
    • Posted

Thanks for being here ! This means a lot !!! 
  • Posted

You don't even know that you have it genitally for sure.

• Posted

I know but I never had bumps or sores  down there before ... I never had a real outbreak , I just don’t understand . I never had a sores or bumps down there until now ! I’m just so confused about this whole virus ! I don’t want herpes 2 nor 1 ! 
    • Posted

"Until now"? So you have bumps now? Then get them swabbed for herpes asap before they start to heal! That's the best test to determine your true situation besides the pricy UoW western blot.

• Posted

No I don’t have any bumps or sores now . But I’m feeling uncomfortable down there . No sores & I hope none comes up Z I’ve been taking famciclovir 250mg for 3 days now 

• Posted

In that case, I stand by what I last said to you in another discussion. There is good reason to doubt your HSV2 blood test due to your low result, lack of genital symptoms and high HSV1 IgG value (which you would expect since you used to get cold sores). Seek clarity with the UoW western blot if you want to, but there's really no need for you to be on any meds given the above.

• Posted

We all wish we could have our old life back. I know it's hard but before you get all depressed about something that hasn't been verified yet. It's easy to come on here and cry and complain because you are scared. If this was a different forum, I would have ripped you apart for your drama. I am not trying to be mean honestly, but your here complaining about having been diagnosed with a regular lip herpes. Everyone has been there. Get a proper diagnosis first. I am here for you,as is everyone else on this site. We all need to stand together and lift each other up. Let us know how your next Dr appointment goes.

• Posted

Thanks for being here . I can’t tell anyone about this diagnose . I’ll have to try to stay postive that everything will work out for my good . 
    • Posted

I have been diagnosed for almost a week. I feel that everyone knows but I haven't told a soul. And I probably won't. But that is my decision since I am single. I do have a son but I am also educating myself so I can keep him safe. I am so sorry that I came across as a really mean person but drama will not help you educate yourself. It's time to grow up and find out what you have if you have herpes at all and find out how to continue to protect you and your family. You do not have to tell anyone unless you are in a relationship. Then he has a right to know. We are here for you sweetie.

• Posted

No im glad you came at me that ! I was stupid for even thinking my life is over ! I just had one of my moments last night that’s all . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.