Sadie..how is your thought process today?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know tommorow you will TRY.....thinking of you.

3 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

HI Missy. YOu could send Sadie a message directly  smile Robin

• Posted

I posted on purpose in the open Robin so others could chime in if they wanted and I think it is really important to gather support for someone when a big event is coming up..like a first day without drinking..thats all wink

• Posted

agree and great forum..more and more people now confirm that they are getting more help and professional advice than by their GPs or any medial person or so called experts...ha ha ....Robin
  • Posted

Hi guys,

I hit a bump today. I tried posting about it in the other discussion but it is been checked by the moderator first. I tried changing it but still has to be checked.I think it was too soon to meet up with the girls today. When they left I felt so sad. 

Thank you for your support guys it means so much!!

xxx

• Posted

Does a bump mean a drink? I think it does....but that is ok...if that is what it means..I hope your ok...
    • Posted

No Misssy not a drink. There is no alcohol in the house except a can of Bulmers in the fridge & I hate cider. The bump I encountered is in the longer post I posted here if you can see it? About the girls coming over xx

• Posted

Hi guys,

I hit a bump today. I tried posting about it in the other discussion but it is been checked by the moderator first. I tried changing it but still has to be checked.I think it was too soon to meet up with the girls today. When they left I felt so sad. 

Thank you for your support guys it means so much!!

xxx

• Posted

Sorry you felt this sadness. Having done the meeting bit will help you in the long run though Sadie. 

I had my appointment and am over the moon that I was prescribed Naltrexone. After all of the hiccups along the way she said I was a good candidate for the treatment. I was advised a slightly different way to utilise it so will have to reflect and decide. Feeling hopeful for the process of overcoming my alcohol habits. 

• Posted

Oh I am really happy for you Sharon. Its a great step for you. Let us know ow it works for you & I wish you success with it.  I really hope I manage to get a prescription too xx

• Posted

I'll try again. I felt a bit uneasy meeting the girls. I felt sad that it's all going to be different now I got the sense from a couple of things they said that they think I will be ok in a few weeks. It was like the reality of that hit me. I felt kind of nervous & anxious. Thoughts were racing through my head like maybe I can just drink & be social & just cut the at home secret drinking out. They were talking about going out soon as they were leaving.

I cried when they left. My saftey bubble had burst. I know that is going to be the hard part. The feeling of having a problem & being different but not been able to enjoy our times when the girls are drinking & have the banter & laugh with them. The anxiety rose in me the reason I probably drink. 

I have calmed down a bit but I think I should not of met them before this weekend. It pulled me backwards a bit. I'm thinking maybe I just can't be around them - its not their fault but it was a negative expereince for me even though I do consider them friends- ver strange feeling.

xxx

• Posted

Thank you Misssy!

Today was hard I'm hoping I get back on track.

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.