Sadly had to increase my ven

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all well I reduced from 250 mg xl  1 daily tapering over a few months to 75 mg. capsules xl I have been ok for a couple of months but sadly this week I have had to add 37.5 mg capsules to my all ready 75 mg xl capsules. I feel like a failure really   I thought one day I may be off them. I have been on ven since 2001. Was I expecting too much too soon. I don't know. I just thought I would share this with you all. God bless. Michael 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry you're having to deal with this Michael.  Did your doctor tell you it would be this hard to come off of them?  Mine didn't.  I have been on 150 extended release for awhile now and i stopped for three days.  on that third day i was suicidal, yelling at people on the street, crying uncontrollably, nauseated.....picked up prescriptiohn and withih two hours i was feeling much better.  doctor said that not many people go through withdrawals that bad but i did.  do not feel like a failure when these drugs are designed to keep us on them i believe.  this is not your fault.  I feel i am a very strong person and this particular drug has give me more side effects than some of my hardcore autoimmune drugs which give me some pretty harsh side effects.    don't stress about it.  ask your doctor for help with the tapering off of it.  see what he/she says.  All the best!

• Posted

Thank you. No the doctor didn't say anything about the sidefects she just thought I should stay on 150 mg xl and not reduce at all it was my dission to try to come off them. I'm glad you were feeling better in a couple of hours.Thank you so much. Best wishes Michael

• Posted

i have a feeling that this drug will be like the cymbalta one whereby there's been a class action lawsuit for the severity of the withdrawals and side effects.  but maybe not, who knows.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.