Sadness

Posted , 4 users are following.

My brother committed suicide on April 6, 2019. It’s almost the 1 year of his passing. The closer it gets, I honestly just get sadder and sadder. I’m not suicidal though, so don’t take this the wrong way. My parents really don’t understand how depression works because of the way they were raised and I don’t talk to my siblings about this because of personal reasons, so I’m going to random strangers for advice. Any help? You can read some of my post on my profile if you need a background story check, I write a lot on here to talk about my feelings.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

I'm so sorry. Although I didnt lose my brother to suicide I understand how it feels to lose a brother. I have to admit I have chosen not to deal with it and I have blocked all awareness of the event of his death from my mind except for tiny things that sometimes creep in. I know this is probably not a healthy way to deal but it's my way and I simply cannot face the catastrophic pain of what happened.

• Edited

Hi Trevor, I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. I understand how devastating it is....I lost my brother, not in the same way, he was 15(right before his 16th Bday & my 21st).....It is extremely hard & everybody grieves differently. I am glad you are not considering this yourself, you see how heartbreaking it is and it won't bring him back....for me, I used to mark his passing on my calendar with a cross. One day I thought, WHY would I want to remember that? I really wanted to celebrate having my brother in my life, on his date of passing & his Bday, I would send off balloons, look at old photos, do things we did together(I taught him how to skip rocks, make fart sounds with grass between your thumbs....all kinds of fun silly things...I do those things, I write/talk to him)...do something in his honour, donate $$ in his name, make a momento of your relationship, a collage, build something, what were his interests/hobbies/sports/dreams!?!! Your heart will always be broken but, maybe you shouldn't be just sad all the time, your brother would want you to be happy & love life RIGHT?!....you are so lucky to have had a brother....maybe you should start a tradition of something happy & loving to celebrate your brother, by yourself with friends or get your whole family involved....celebrate your memories, NOBODY can EVER take that away!! Praying you find peace & comfort...talk about your feelings & don't push people away!! It gets easier with time!! Deepest Sympathies & Best Wishes💒♾💞☮🐾🌈🎶🍀

• Edited

hi Trevor,loss of anyone at any time is horrible, you will feel bad. if you speak to charities like cruse (bereavement charity) they will tell you the 1st 2 years are the toughest. i only know this as after nearly 8 years without my dad i feel overwhelmed with grief at certain times. get some support off someone like cruse who will help you to manage your loss more easily and take any time you need to heal. loss is a personal thing and how you feel may not be how anyone else feels. good luck it's a tough journey but you will come out of it in your own time.

• Edited

I think everyone carries some form of sadness bottled up. The sorrow/pain you are experiencing right now is universal but reverse phone lookup more unique to you at the same time. Condolences will not help. Over time, this feeling will transfer into anger, guilt ( in my case.. for not spending enough time), nba reddit or a combination of other things. But in the end, it will become a 'memory.' Even after many years, you could still feel the same ache you are experiencing now, but then you will have more good memories by your side. Life will be busy doing things for you or against.

The truth right now... pcpartpicker you have to find a way to carry yourself and get through this, for your own sake and everyone around you love. Read, pick a hobby, finish things, and slowly become good at something (you could wander, but don't go too far off). You will change.. but change to a better one. Things do get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.