Safe to say it's costing?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I'm 18 male I've been pretty athletic my whole life, but recently around November last year I had what seemed to be white coat hypertension cause when I was in the doctors office I seemed to freak out.. And since then I've had pretty much every test done to me for my heart like echo and full blood work done also I've had PVC's but nothing to crazy also a chest x Ray and abdominal ultrasound

Well after my wrestling season I began to to get a sort of pain in my sternum and it moved up which I pretty much ignored it but after that I noticed to get sharp pains that wouldn't last long but uncomfortable to say the least I've been to the ER so many times freaking out but the countless EKGS suggest I'm okay...

And now I feel like I have a inflammation spot it between my ribs in my up right sternum which is tender to the touch, and then sharp pains in my left sides, and also I have back what seems to be rib pain in the center of my back, it's honestly scary to say the least thinking somethings seriously wrong

Can anyone give me advice thanks a ton!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I have Tietze Syndrome, which is like Costochondritis.  It is arthritis that has made my ribs unmovable, in any direction.  My chest hurt and I had trouble breathing. I couldn't take a deep breath.  My Doctor - who was voted the best young doctor in Florida - told me to take OTC Tumeric pills, 2000mg a day. I take 1000mg in the morning and 1000mg at night.  It has helped quite a bit.  Also, he told me when I lay down to take deep breathes and put an ice pack on my chest.  I had all the heart tests done and they were negative. He mashed around my chest and fibs (my chest hurt all the way around to my back).
    • Posted

sorry - ribs, not fibs. That is how he knew what it was. Tietze is a rare disease (NORD).  I hope this helps.
    • Posted

Is that pain that comes and goes is it sharp and sudden and random ??
    • Posted

sometimes it is sharp and sudden; most of the time it is a dull ache in my chest. It hurts when I breathe.  It aches all the way around to my back.
    • Posted

It felt like it waas my heart - thus, an echogram, a stress test, etc.  My heart is fine!
    • Posted

Do you ever experience shortness of breath sometimes? I do I've had pretty much all test done echo ekg full cardiac panel all that chest x ray
    • Posted

AL THE TIME!!  That is what starting all the tests on my heart. My lungs were fine, passed the breathing test where you blow on that thing.  Just hanging up clothes gets me out of breathe.  And I live in an upstairs apt...  always out of breath!
    • Posted

Thanks a ton for your reply, be sure to ask if this is possible cause to my gp!
  • Posted

Hey Josh. I was diagnosed with Costo when I was 19. I am not 28, and still have it. Here are some things I wish I would have known.

- Take it easy! Don't go out and ride your motorcycle (that's what I kept doing) or do pushups. Take some time off, but keep moving. Keep running or walking. You need your ribs to keep moving and getting oxygen.

- The active ingredient in turmeric is circumin. Look it up, there is pure curcumin that I add in my tea every morning, and it helps a lot. My tea consists of curcumin, coconut oil, hot water, and tea bag. (coconut oil encourages absorbtion so i've heard)

- Stay away from sugars and red meat. Eat a lot of blueberries and broccoli. Good anti-inflammatories.

- Personally, stay away from Chiro (unless it is someone you trust). It made mine worse in the long run. Temoporary relief, but long term pain.

- Work on your posture. Keep your head up and squeez your should blades together when you remember, that helps me.

I hope this helps, and that you can get rid of it! Please ask any questions you have.

• Posted

Hey thanks for the reply, when you were 19 were you getting pain in your chest and thought it was heart related?
    • Posted

Yes. I got a sharp pain on the right side of my sternum while I was bench pressing at the gym. Definately thought it was heart related. I didn't goto the ER, but went right to the doc. She diagnosed me correctly the first time. 

I have, however, been to the ER for Costo. I was out on business once, and had pain that I hadn't felt before radiating to the bottom ribs that was on the front and the back. Turns out, it was the costo flaring up.

• Posted

Thanks a ton I have just had a lot of pains in my chest that the doctors said isn't heart related which I've kinda came here to help see if this could be the issue
    • Posted

Definately, I am more than happy to help. I know how difficult it can be. Please feel free to message me in the future.

z becker 13 at gmail . com

• Posted

Last question do with this pain get shortness of breath ever ?? Thanks
    • Posted

I have also read that tumeric needs to be taken (somehow) with black pepper to make it the most effective.  I use coconut all the time in cooking , but have not heard it helps with tumeric.
    • Posted

Yeah, I also use a small (SMALL) dash of piperine (black pepper extract) in my tea occasionally. So what I've read is that the Coconut oil helps the Curcumin absorb into your blood stream better, and the piperine will prevent your liver from discarding the curcumin as waste, and keep it in your body for a longer period of time, thus giving it more time to absorb.

And yes, I have had SOB. It is not frequent, but does happen.

• Posted

Also, if you plan to take curcumin or piperine, do your research. There are negative side effects to piperine with large doses and long term use. I use it twice a week, and only use a VERY small amount. I am not suggesting that you take these, just informing you of what I take. Consult your doctor with any questions.

Just wanted to say it smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.