Sage

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi some friends have been taking sage instead of hrt and say once in your system it really works with hot flashes etc and also black gohosh is meant to be good gonna try both again as don't like the weight gain patches are giving out ? 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Kazza, the sage has to be high strength. You can only get it on line for some reason. I took 2400 mg a day for a month only and my hot flushes ceased. Couldn’t believe it as I was having a tough time with them.  I was also taking black cohosh which didn’t ever help with flushes but did with moods.  Tesco do 3 packs of black cohosh for the price of 2.  I have stopped with sage now as I had a period after 2 years after this month of taking them!  All is fine thankfully but I don’t really have flushes at the moment (hope it stays that way).  
    • Posted

Hi Kay, it's good to hear the sage worked for you with the flushes, and interesting to note the high dose required. Were you taking tablets and which brand? I've tried sage tincture with absolutely no improvement! Would be good to know which product you were taking. Thanks.

• Posted

Well it’s 2500 mg. I bought them from Natures Best.  Tinctures and sage tea will not help. High strength is the answer.   
  • Posted

That's what I found with patches I'm not on anything now but 8m open to other remedies I'm losing weight and don't want to put it back on

• Posted

Hi Kay, sage is an old fashioned remedy and now there's some clinical trials showing that sage contains plant hormones which explains how it works,  so it's really great that it is helping you. If you are interested in natural solutions and  want to go the really hippy route you can actually grow sprouted foods that contain all  plant hormones on your windowsill. I don't know if you ever sprouted mustard and cress as a kid but it is similar to that and you can sprout red clover (another ancient cure for hot flushes) itself it only takes a week. Look on line for stuff about growing your own HRT if this interests you. 

Best wishes,

• Posted

How interesting!  I would definately consider growing sprouting foods.  Had no idea. Thanks
    • Posted

Ok. If you want to know anything else about sprouting plant hormones. Do let me know. best wishes, 
  • Posted

I never knew that I did wonder whether to try another hrt but now I've lost weight I don't want to put it back on

• Posted

Hi Caroline  I would have considered HRT but the weight thing always worried me.  My doctor said it’s rubbish, HRT does not make you put on weight, it’s your food intake. I Don’t believe that for minute!   Wonder if all the women on here  could qualify that HRT makes you gain weight.  I stopped taking sage in September  because I started a period after 2 years. The flushes are slowly returning though so I’ve started taking again. Only three days into it but waiting for a result shortly. 
  • Posted

All they say is you have to watch what you eat I have lost nearly two stone due to putting weight on with patches I've had a hysterectomy and feel hot all the time I wouldn't take it again I don't want to be overweight 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.