sage oil

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies have any of you tried sage oil if you have what are your views I'm taking it now and don't know whether it's a coincidence that my flushes have stopped or that the side effects of my pro step injections have stopped I had them for 5mths prior to my op which was on the 7th of January l kept my ovaries

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You were wise to keep your ovaries.  When I used to get flushes I found that taking Evening Primrose Oil (in capsule) form really helped.
  • Posted

Hi Linda. I'm now 13 weeks post TAH but like you kept ovaries. Also like you was on Prostap for 5 months. I had a terrible time with hot flushes at about 2 months post op but at 11 weeks they seemed to disappear. I stopped taking caffeine and couldn't work out if that was the reason for the improvement or whether it was my ovaries working again. Unfortunately the flushes have come back this last week, coinciding with my return to work. Not as bad but I'm disappointed. If your sage oil really is working for you I may give it a try. I must admit I'm anxiously awaiting the prostap wearing off. Let me know how long you are 'flush' free. 
    • Posted

I will do Sally I'm hoping they don't return was a nightmare time l no that it will happen eventually but lm hoping this does work its worth a try let me know how you get on good luck xx
  • Posted

Hi I'm waiting for hysterectomy inc ovaries and was on zoladex to block ovaries. I had flushes etc. I only did one month due to migraines but it took 11 weeks before my ovaries kicked in and I had a period (still waiting on op). I've been told that sage oil works but not heard of it like I had primrose oil for helping. Losthearts, I'm interested in your wise to keep ovaries comment as I'm really worried about losing mine I'm 39 x
    • Posted

If you can keep your ovaries then do my op was due to fibriods nasty things speak to your doctor because they don't like removing them unless there is a medical condition I've tried everything and found sage oil to be the best so far I'm 48 so still not ready to go through the dreaded change lol good luck and try not to worry the op not that bad honest xx
    • Posted

Thank you. I'm going to speak to see if i can persuade them that the better ovary can be preserved for a few more years to get me closer to normal menopause age but I know they will say no as I've already asked that question and they Dont want to do more ops (Dont know y). Wish I never told anyone about the pain lol
    • Posted

You need to ask why don't be fobbed off its your body have you got a family history of ovarian or cervical cancer please get your questions answered good luck xx
    • Posted

When I asked before it was because there's a high chance I'd have to have second one out in a few years so I'd have to go through another surgery which they want to avoid. Part of me gets that the other part says I Dont want to me in menopause at my age. I have lots of questions on a list which I plan to get answers to tho when consultant talks it all makes sense until I have time to worry about it! I'm a natural panicker rolleyes,x
    • Posted

Nothing wrong with that but be firm with what you want at the end of the day it's your body and your choice keep me posted xx
    • Posted

Think I'm going to go ahead and then take a chance on hrt after reading lots about it. I'm ready for a number of months of perseverance to get doses right but think I'll go a while before I start so I can work out what is reaction and healing from actual op rather than confusion from Hormone doses but I haven't had any advice from medical professionals about that so it may not be advised!?
  • Posted

Hi Linda, I had a hysterectomy in January for fibroids and I actually asked him to take my ovaries out as well, because a fried of mine kept hers and told me there is always the chance of ovarian cancer, so that made my mind up to ask to take the lot, so to speak. One thing less to worry about I suppose. I'm 48 so am mm the hrt patches and coping okay. That's just my opinion, at the end of the day I would of only had maybe another 2 years and gone through the change then anyway. You have to do what's best for you.X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.