SAI, following kidney transplant - anyone else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, new to this latest problem.  I am almost 5 years post kidney transplant.  Since October 2015 have been throwing up and it's getting to the stage it's every 2 weeks now.  I was only diagnosed with secondary adrenal insufficiency on 1st Feb 2017.  Haven't actually had an appointment with a nurse or consultant - not till 6th June, they said they are busy ! I'm just concerned for kidney function :-)  Anyone else in this position ? Thanks for listening.

?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Rachel, this is possibly a long shot but you could try calling the Pituitary Institute in Bristol, I think that they have an endocrine nurse you can talk to. I don't think you have to be a member to do so [but now that you have a pituitary problem anyway, I certainly recommend it - their info certaInly kept me sane]. See pituitary DOT org DOT uk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.