Said something bad to my dad

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!

Cutting the story short.

Myself and my dad were in a jovial argument. We were discussing and we both get hyper at every discussion. Hyper as in we both gets tensed and we both shout. 

In this conversation, my dad was especially jovial and I was the hyper one. All of a sudden, I swear without my knowledge, I said "I'll hit you with my boots". I know, for many, it is nothing big but in our part of the country, where fathers are respected as gods, it's something serious. 

I said I'm sorry and my dad said not to worry and he was kind of cool with it and so was it.

After the conversation, when I reached my home, i thougth about it and what kind of impact it might have created on him. Basically, he was and still is everything to me. I couldn't digest the thought of my mom and dad crying about their plight, or feel bad about their upbringing or feel bad about the way I had treated them.

I couldn't get it out of my head and I've been crying on and on since them. Mind you, I'm a never-cry-guy! I feel so bad with myself that I even sent a big sorry mail to my dad and I still feel like crying all the time!

3 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I did something similar to my mother once. It made her cry. I felt terribly guilty. I bought her a card, wrote an apology on it, and tried to explain myself. After she passed away and I was going through her files, I found the card that I had written to her over 35 years ago. The card and the apology apparently meant so much to her that she kept it till the day she died.

Trust me, your father has forgiven you. He knows everyone makes mistakes. He is probably pleased to have raised a son who feels so much love and deep remorse for such a transgression. He would not want for you to continue to feel terrible. Let it go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.