Salipen

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, Has anyone even tried the salipen. Apparently it's an appliance you put in your mouth and it creates electro stimulation to create saliva in the mouth. I noticed on another site that some people in Australia is using it with good results. It can only be purchased on line from Germany or Israel. Not available in US or Canada but it can be shipped for personal use. I'm looking into getting one but just wondering if anyone tried this appliance or know of someone who has?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have never heard of it Betty & their site is down but according to Google, it appears to be £200 which is a lot of money for something that it is difficult to get any information about

• Posted

SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD BE EXCELLENT FOR US, BUT I WOULDNT USE ANYTHING THAT I COULDNT TALK TO A PHARMACIST ABOUT BUT MAYBE THEY COULD ADVISE YOU ANYWAY OR THE DICTOR!!IM A BIT OF A SCARY CAT LIKE THAT?..... BE BLESSED BETTY AND HAVE A LOVELY DAY??

• Posted

SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD BE EXCELLENT FOR US, BUT I WOULDNT USE ANYTHING THAT I COULDNT TALK TO A PHARMACIST ABOUT BUT MAYBE THEY COULD ADVISE YOU ANYWAY OR THE DICTOR!!IM A BIT OF A SCARY CAT LIKE THAT?..... BE BLESSED BETTY AND HAVE A LOVELY DAY?? IVE JUST LOOKED IT UP AND IT VERY EXPENSIVE HERE I AUSTRALIA..

SALIPEN YOUR DRY MOUTH TREATMENT

$370.00

• Posted

Hello Betty

I also haven't heard of it but I think you would need to know that your glands are able to produce more saliva than they now do before buying something so expensive. It wouldn't work for me as my glands are pretty much defunct but I've had Sjogren's a very long time and you may be different. If they have a good returns policy it may be worth a try. Best wishes with it anyway.

• Posted

Hello Betty. I was offered the opportunity to go on a clinical trial in London, but bought a Salipen myself instead, in July this year, 2019. I constantly use chewing gum, sugar free sweets, pastilles and mints (xylimelts) to produce a comfortable flow of saliva. I used the Salipen consistently, 4/5 times a day for 4-5 minutes a time. It did make me produce saliva but I felt the results were not sustained when not using it. I am contemplating another trial vs selling it (the bit that goes in the mouth can be replaced for hygiene much cheaper than buying the whole device). i am happy to answer any questions based on my own experience.

best wishes, Anne K

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.