Salivary Gland Cancer

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello- I am new to this group. Came across it while doing some searching of parotid and salivary gland issues. In October 2015 I was diagnosed with Acinic Cell Carcinoma, aka Salivary Gland Cancer. It started with a lump under my right ear. Soar throat....scratchy voice (like I was getting a cold but never did). I had surgery, to remove the tumor. I had several teeth removed-and then 3 months of radiation. I just passed my one year mark of that being done. I go in Monday for my every 6 month PET scan, and feeling nervous. I just started having pain on the opposite side now. I dont feel a lump but the pain when I eat is really bothersome. Anyway, I thought maybe if I could answer any questions I'd be happy too.

Stacie

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I am now 6 weeks after radiotherapy cannot sleep neck really uncomfortable, pain under ear where op was and radiotherapy burnt it pain running down my neck always worse at bed time  throat feeling like cannot swallow anything hard doc says lumps pain ear maybe scar tissue, , did u get anything like this or stiff neck, is this it forever???? Thanks 
  • Posted

Hi Stacie,

I am experiencing similar symptoms and so glad to have found your post. I'd love some information from you. Over what amount of time did your lump form? Days, weeks, months? Was it painful?  Was it easily diagnosed and how long did that procedure take, i.e. did they have to rule other things out first? What other symptoms did you have apart from the sore throat and scratchy voice?

Thank you for any information.

• Posted

I hope all goes well with your check up Stacie.  My problem is that I have just had a Radiotherapy course and during this course I suffered a broken tooth.  I know this isn't particularly good news but am wondering if anyone else has had dental treatment which interfered with Radiotherapy treatment.  Reading about the effects of dental treatment combined with Radiation treatment is a bit scary to say the least.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.