Salivary gland problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my submandibular salivary gland removed two weeks ago , any ideas on how long this swelling will

Last ? I am so swollen under chin on neck and on side of neck 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracy  I had a course of radiotherapy which destroyed the tumour on my parotid gland which was fine but recovery is quite lengthy.  Although the swelling In my face went away almost at the end of three week treatment I now have six weeks later from the end of treatment, a swollen earlobe and a patch of missing hair.  I am hoping these two things will put themelves right in time.   I was told by the radiologists that it could be three or four months to get back to "normal"   Holpe this helps.

• Posted

I sure hope it all heals well for you , I just can’t get rid of swelling - it started right after they removed the drain tube , the Dr thinks it’s my lymphatic system . I’m searching for ways to help it drain naturally . Good luck with your journey !
  • Posted

Hi, Tracy!

The swelling went down after about a week for me. What helped was putting a warm and wet compress against it every few hours.

Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Thank you for the great advice ! I have been using ice occasionally , with warm heat on and off . Finally starting to notice it going down 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.