Salivary gland swollen for 7 months

Posted , 6 users are following.

my sub mandibular salivary gland swells every time i eat it also swells under my tongue on the same side. i have had x rays and a CT and an MRI. they all came back normal. i can only eat a little at a time because it swells to the point that it is painful. i don't weight a lot as it is, but if i can't eat much anymore, i will dwindle down to nothing . don't know what to do. anyone have the same issue?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

those were my exact symptoms when I ended up having salivary gland stones in my gland.

• Posted

It does sound like stones in there. In my case i had the exact same swelling every time i ate and it is very painful. When I had an mri scan it showed a benign tumour which eventuallyi had removed. The only advice I was given before I had the scan was to get some sweets such as lemon drops. Something to make more saliva flow which may eventually make the stones move and come out. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Sounds like you have a stone in your salivary gland ,I used to get those symptoms and also pus came into my mouth from the duct it will only get worse go back to your GP.

• Posted

How did you resolve the issue with the pus coming out? I experience the same thing when my glands get swollen and white slimsy pus comes out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.