Sally

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been taking mirtazapine 15mg for approx. 4 years & have gained over a stone. Each time i try to reduce i feel very anxious and tearful and suffer insomnia.

How can i get off these pills?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Reduce your dose very, very slowly. 10% a month is recommended. If possible get Mirtazipine in liquid form to make the reduction easier.

• Posted

it's the withdrawal symptoms, do not worry. You will have to be brave during these period. You can take something else to cope with insomnia. currently i am on my third day that I have gone to 7.5 mg from 15 mg mirtazapine.

• Posted

Thank you but 3 days is hardly relevant. i lasted 6 months without symptons & suddenly suffered bad anxiety & insomnia. I also tried natural sleep aids without effect.

The Mirtazapine drug is still in your system for 30 days.

• Posted

Dropping by 50% is quite a jump, I hope this works for you but pay attention to your body/mind over the next month and don't ignore any warning signs that you need to increase a little.

• Posted

if you research it says reduce at 10% per month only otherwise you will suffer withdrawal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.