Salmon?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys

Does anyone eat salmon??

I did my shopping picking up more fish as it's healthier but the fat is 18g! Saturated is only 2.9g I'm now assuming I can't eat this although it is quite healthy.

Does anyone have any side effects from.eating this? I love poached eggs not and am a little frightened the eat them!

Iv only started this today

Thanks for any advice 😁

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I was thinking about this the other day. I know if you have a meal with no fat you can not take a tablet. I was thinking that if you had a meal with no fat EXCEPT the salmon (flaxseeds) or whatever...then maybe not take one so that you CAN absorb those healthy fats. 

This is not advised or discussed anywhere...but most of the Fat in salmon is really good for you so you want to absorb it. The problem would come if you smother it in sauces or have it with macaroni cheese or something like that. But if I were to have a bit of salmon with steamed veggies I think I would not take a pill so that I COULD absorb these healthy fats. 

P.s. I am not a fish eater... I have to MAKE myself eat it...but I do have Flaxseed in my smoothies as it has the omegas in it. I don't use a pill when I have this because a TBSP of ground flaxseed is 35 calories and I WANT to absorb those omegas lol. 

In terms of eggs I have only had 2 eggs, 2 bacon medallions, and a coffee once since starting but I DID take a pill with that.

• Posted

You do realise even if you don't take a pill once it's fully in your system you will still get side effects if it's too much fat.

• Posted

If that is the case then why do they tell you not to take one if a meal is fat free?
    • Posted

Because if the meals fat free there's no point as you're wasting a tablet!!! I went to a wedding didn't take them for two days before and on the Sunday I had awful stomach cramps and oil!! Just stopping one won't work if it's high fat.

• Posted

Hiya. You need to look at the fat per 100g salmon fillets are around 6g so just slightly over. I was always OK on salmon and eggs. You don't even need to look at the saturated fat just stay below 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 15g of fat per meal.

• Posted

Don't do it!! 😂 You'll get the side effects within minutes 😬

• Posted

Being honest we are all different & sometimes the only way to know for definite is by trying & seeing what happens! I seem to be ok with eggs but only had them a couple of times & only boiled. I love an omelette but haven't tried it as I'd want more than 1 egg in it lol. I have also avoided oily fish such as salmon & mackerel etc as I just don't want to risk it...but that's my choice. I agree there are health benefits to certain high fat food but as I've explained to several people on this forum the meds simply cannot differentiate between good & bad fat as fat is just fat to them at the end of the day. I do believe that that us partly why we should take vitamins at night when using orlistat to ensure we aren't missing out on vital nutrients etc from the foods we no longer eat but also to ensure that we make up for what gets expelled lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.