Salofalk Granules / Weight Gain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Please can anyway who takes Salofalk Granules advise if they experience weight gain or difficulty losing weight?

I have recently been changed to them and cannot seem to lose ANY weight on them. 

I go to the gym 4 morning a week (including a personal trainer) plus lots of walking.  I am mostly following weight watchers diet wise so not an unhealthy diet but i only seem to be gaining not losing. 

I refuse to buy new clothes as i have so many i think - they just don't fit. Ggggrrrrr.... 

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

Carrie 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Carrie.... I was on Octassa which is part of the same family and I gained weight like crazy from them... a stone and half in less than 2 months.  When I told the doctors this, they said no - that wouldn't happen that quickly... but it did!... (I did also have a rash as well from it).... and my symptoms actually got worse.    I then was changed to Azathiroprine and the weight slowly came off but that took nearly a year and a half and now am onto Methotrexate I've managed to get myself to target. It's not been easy but the Octassa really did pile it on me.  Even with steroids, I didn't gain weight but the Octassa... I did!  Sorry it's not the same exact drug but I wanted to answer cuz it was in the same family of drugs and did share your frustration!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.