SALOFALK RECTAL FOAM

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, Please can someone let me know if it is normal to experience a burning sensation when using salofalk foam. I've a teenager recently diagnosed with UC and only used the produce twice and had the same experience on the two occassions. Should we go with it in the hope it will get better?

Thanks 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes it feels hard to keep it in ,and other times not. I would tend to carry on a bit longer until she or he gets used to it. Very sorry to hear a teenager has this awful disease.It  will get better as time goes on Persevere.God bless.xx

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, its not so much as retaining the enema but its the burning sensation that is experienced instantly once the dose in given that is the problem. Luckily have a very postive teenager , and we feel blessed as diagnosis could have been a lot worse. x
  • Posted

Hello! I am new to this also! I have been prescribed mezaline which I need to insert through my bum (sorry for details!!) and it does help however thee side effects are hair loss and I'm so reluctant to use them sad now I know my diagnosis I think my UC has calmed down a bit and I think it's cause I'm not as stressed about worrying! I dont know anything about the tablets your daughter is on but if your on these websites your doing a great job in supporting her!! I really wish you all the best!!smile Ive had mixed reviews on diet but a lot of people are aaying try gluten free..?? And avoid potato skins ( I had a baked potato earlier And was in agony!!) nuts and seeds!! (Tomatoes etc!) take care. Xx
  • Posted

I've heard this is great but doesn't work for some people

I'm on mezaline ( which ive read some people don't like and it doesn't work) but it's ok for me!!! Maybe ask about this? Mines is a suppository which may not be good for a teenager but I hope it works

Millie 29 female

• Posted

Hi hope u and your daughter are ok.

I've just found your post.

Last week I started on salofalk suppositories and have also been getting this burning feeling what happened with your daughter is she still using the foam or not

Thanks Sarah x

• Posted

The consultant stopped the medication, as it was he thought the Dr who had prescriped it had not given her the correct medication - she has proctitis and he felt the foam was probably not treating the right area anyway. To be honest we have been on Pentasa suppositories and granules extened relase oral medication and I personally felt they made her symptoms worse and that she had all the side effects from them ( the side effects are the same as ulcerative colitis symptoms). 

Now on  a course of steroids as symptoms have been awful. Good luck, go back if they are still hurting you, you may need to get them changed. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.