Salt and bleach treatment scabies

Posted , 2 users are following.

After being diagnosed with scabies (and fully mortified) I have tried everything to rid us of these little pests (I can think of stronger words!)

Washed everything a million times on HOT, two rounds of lyclear from the Dr (I'm in Europe, I'm guessing it's the same as permethrin), tea tree oil, oregano oil and various creams. I think I am nearly clear FINALLY by using the following technique...we only have a shower not bath, so instead of a bleach bath I diluted bleach and water 1:3 in a spray bottle and sprayed it all over me after the shower and allowed to air dry. During the shower i took ordinary table salt and exfoliated the worst areas with it: it stings like a B****!!! Then washed it off. My skin is so dried out but I am moisturising with coconut oil too. I only have the odd itch left and I believe this is the crap these little s**** leave behind. This combination of things is the only thing that seems to have made any difference or any progression towards recovery from this horrendous ordeal.

Wishing everyone the best of luck who ever has to encounter this! Hope this helps smile

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.