Salt cave therapy?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm probably not alone in doing research on possible help besides medication.

Has anyone had any experience of trying salt cave therapy? I have read pros and cons about it.

Many thanks. 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janet

I have never done salt cave therapy but I do use a salt pipe on a daily basis for 15 minutes. I find it helps to loosen the mucus before using my Acapella. I have done this probably for two years now and find it works for me.

• Posted

Oh my...I have so much to learn! Thank you dancing queen...I've never heard of a salt pipe!! 

• Posted

Actually I have become interested in the Himalayan salt lamps.  Can anyone advice for or against ! The best type etc .We all require the most help to keep as healthy as possible . Thanks for reading kath 

x

• Posted

Hi Kath. I have known people use the salt lamps but more for general health and well being. Not people with breathing issues. 
  • Posted

Yes I heard of the salt pipe used for daily chest clearance.

However, I am fortunate to own The Vest which requires me to do chest clearance daily for 30 minutes.

If I become ill then this is increased to twice daily for 30 minutes.

• Posted

Thanks Graham...I've read about those vests. Glad it's helping you. 

• Posted

Hi Graham...

I don't know if The Vest is suitable for me but would you mind telling me where did you obtained yours from...many thanks. I'm having a pretty bad flare up at the moment...

Janet

• Posted

I am sorry that I can’t comment as to the use of this treatment. However, one of these opened up very near us in our “ village” which is really a suburb of south Manchester in the UK. It had darkish windows so you almost literally had to go right up to the window to see inside, which looked like a cafe. No one seemed to know what it was all about, and no one I knew had any idea, either. It closed down after a few months. As we have two Chinese herbal type practices which have lasted for years, the locals obviously have open minds on therapies. It’s now a Spanish tapas restaurant, called La Cueva which means the cave! Just ensure you’re not giving money “up front” for a series of treatments in case one day, they’re no longer there. 
    • Posted

I totally agree Estelle about not wasting money. The closest one to me offers a free 1st session but I'm so aware that they will try and convince everyone that this treatment is them!!! 

I'm just not sure because I seem to have what they call...dry BX. 

I'm due to see my consultant this afternoon so will see what she thinks.

Thanks for your help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.