Same as u

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had mine done on the 2jan x still in pain with pins and needles and it’s stiff and feels funny x cannot foot down for 6 weeks I had a foot boot for 2 weeks and a air boot for 4 weeks  x so fed up x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sandra  I had a Gt toe fusion 18 months  ago, just be patient, easy to say but that's what we all have to do! My toe still feels strange but tons better than it was prior to surgery. 

• Posted

Hi Sandra I had my surgery in June 2016. I wore Clarks sandals, they had buckles so I was able to adjust the fitting depending on the amount of swelling I had. They were so so comfortable as they had a cushion sole. I also wore trainers as they were so supportive. I hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hang in there!

Mine was Nov 9th, and it is getting better everyday.

It is a long process, buy then remember why you did this surgery in the first place.

Because bunions can't be cured without surgery, if not corrected it can progress, it can affect your other toes, put stress on your other joints knee, and hips.

So you didn't just do this for cosmetic...it is a necessary treatment . .hang in there!!!

We all felt restless and fustrated at the pain and slowness of healing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.