Same migraine for 4 days

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had the same migraine for going on 4 days not I can barley keep food down and not matter what it won't go away. I have been getting migraines for half my life and I am only 19 years old. I'm not sure if I should go to the er but the pain is to much and nothing I so is working please help me!😢

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephanie

My migraines usually last 4-5 days but I take triptans for the attacks which take most of the pain away until the tablet wears off then I take another. So take about 3 tablets over 3 days approx. have also just started taking propronalol which is recommended as a preventative.

Obviously both these drugs are only on prescription so you will need to go to your GP.

For this attack if you haven't anything that is helping I would say go to A&E and they will year you now

Good luck, I feel for you

Xx

• Posted

Hi Stephanie,

Yes of course we can try to help you on here.

Absolutely go to the dr first and ask to be refered to a neurologist.  In the mean time ask for Imigran injection, its not like a hypodermic, so dont worry, its just like an epipen that diabetics use.  It will take migraine away very quickly.  Next suggest to him you have verapamil, to try and prevent the migraine.

Good luck Stephanie, always here for support and to listen,

Take care and let us know how you get on please

• Posted

My migraines are nearly always this long. Is this around your period though as this can make it worse? Drink as much as you can as dehydration from a lack of fluid will make it worse.

If you cannot keep fluids down then you MUST see A&E.

If you cannot cope, and it sounds like you can't then go to A&E for help in getting it under control.

• Posted

I can keep fluids down but I can barley move my head without it causing some kind of pain. If I where to go to the emergency room I'm not sure what they should do. But I've tried sleeping all day today and still nothing. Over the counter medication doesn't work either. This is honestly the worse migraine I've ever had. But there is no way I can make it to the hospital till to narrow morning. Is there anything I can do to help dull the pain till then? 
    • Posted

Hi Stephanie,

I have just read your recent post and I believe if things are that bad, phone first the emergency out of hours dr.  He will give you advice based on what you tell him and be as specific you can, like you have told us on here.  If you cant get hold of the dr, call an ambulance and explaiin ALL your symptoms.  Like is it just your headache thats the problem or do you have additional problems like slured speach and feeling dizzy that type of thing.

Good luck Stephanie and let us know how you get on please.

Take care

• Posted

Hi Steph, if things are that bad go see your doctor, he will help.

I started when i was 23 im now 43, triptans helped me, you can now actually buy them from the pharmacy under the name Imigran but they are expansive, with your symptoms i would go see the doctor first to see if he can eleviate them for you, if i dont take a triptan mine can last days.

I also see you say half your life, at the age of 9 not that im a doc, but girls start to change a little if you get my angle, so your may be some kind of hormoanal varient.

Keep us posted on what the doctor says, and any questions ask away, think between us all here weve done most.

• Posted

Get yourself to Hospital ... I have these they will help you promise i usuall am dehydrated which increases the pain xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.