Same symptoms feels like something behind my right ribcage

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had these same symptoms for 5 years now! It feels like there is a big wad of tissues or sock waded up in my right rib cage.. it gets sore around my right breast bone.. Not really a pain , just very uncomfortable..sometimes it's hard to sit or lie down, bc it is so uncomfortable! I went to my dr he sent me for all kind of blood work, colonoscopy, endoscopy, found nothing, had an ultra sound , Ct scan, hide scan! Said all organs look fine! And 5 years later I'm still looking for answers. It goes away on it's on & comes back for no apparent reason! If anyone finds answers please share!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did they test for h pylori in your endoscopy?  Do you have change of bowel habit?  Ask about IBS.
    • Posted

Yes they tested for h pylori.. I have absolutely no bowel issues at all. No heart burn, no acid reflux.. I'm wondering about diaphragmatic endometrosis or some type of hernia. It's so frustrating to deal with this. Sometimes the pain radiates up my right shoulder and into right arm.

• Posted

A hiatus hernia would have been picked up on the endoscopy; they can cause hearburn.  Endometriosis causes womb lining tissue to travel and attach to other organs.  However, you would have a lot of stomach pain especially during periods which would be heavy.  You would also get heavy bleeding between periods and pain.  Do you get any of these symptoms?

There is also a condition called costochondritis which causes a lot of ribcage pain that radiates to your breast tissue and around your back. You also feel it down the centre of your ribcage.   I have had this and it was very painful.  However, the pain didn't radiate to either of my shoulders or arms. 

Acid reflux can cause chest and rib pain.  You can get silent reflux where you  you do not feel any acid at first.  A cough or chest pain can be the first indication of it. Sometimes the chest will be sore to touch.  Go back to your doctor and ask about these conditions.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.