Sanex or Simple shower gels OK to use?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm waiting for my second biopsy at the moment. I'm always very careful not to use any shower products that are perfumed, so wondered if it's OK to use something like Sanex or Simple shower gels. Any advice?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

No, I really wouldn't use either of them. I personally use Aveeno body wash , that was recommended by my gynae and have had no problems whatever with it.

Hope that helps . Good luck with the biopsy

• Posted

Don't use any shower gels could irritate.

Aquis cream is very good for washing.

• Posted

I would not use Sanex or Simple.they both have quite a lot of unnatural stuff in. Mx
  • Posted

Since my diagnosis some 8 years ago, I have not ever used anything around that area except aquaeous cream for washing and hydromol for washing and lubricating. Very sadly have had to give up any of the lovely bath products, salts etc which now just decorate my bathroom! But it seems to have worked, as I have not had a flare up for some time. Good luck with the biopsy...
  • Posted

Thank you all for your help.  I'm seeing my GP next week about something else, but may well mention Aqueous Cream or Hydromol to him and see if I can get something on prescription.  In all the time I have had this problem, washing or moisturing has never been mentioned and I have got all my information from this forum.  Your help is much appreciated.

• Posted

i`m allergic to aqueous cream but i do use sanex without any problems,i have tried aveeno but not so good for me,i think each of us are different and its a matter of trial and error til you find the right one for you,good luck x

• Posted

Susan's reply is very relevant. We are all different and find relief in different products.

I think the rule of thumb is to use products that are the most natural and contain

no perfume or parrabens. I react badly to lanolin and I think it is present in Aqueous cream.

I am even affected by shampoo if it runs between my legs whilst showering so am very particular what I use.

Strangely enough, Aveeno shampoo is OK but I flare with the Aveeno body wash. Another option to try

is Dermol. It works for me and comes in shower, bath and cream wash. I can get it on

prescription in the UK. We all have our favorites and it is good to know what others use but I went through

several options before finding the right one for me so get dispodent. Good luck with your biopsy.

• Posted

Thank you, Susan and Wero.  You've given me plenty of ideas to try and I will also mention it to the GP next week.  

• Posted

Hi, I am on a repeat prescription for Dermoil 200. It might be best to ask your doctor - my surgeon told me to avoid everything other than Dermoil. Best wishes, Ashley Jo
    • Posted

That's another one to add to my list to discuss with the GP.  Thanks a lot Ashley Jo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.