saphris or asenapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

has anyone been prescribed yhis for sleep

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi suzie, how are you doing doll, I can't say I've heard of them, I can tell you that since thurs I've had 10 hours sleep in all & am thinking mirt withdrawal kicking in, feeling pretty s**t with stomach cramps, anxiety & no sleep, there was me thinking I'd got off light on WD from mirt!!
    • Posted

hi brandy, i think it's a drug that's just in u.s and canada.  that is a drag that you are experiencing withdrawal.  scary stuff.  i can't believe the possible withdrawal.  i mentioned that tomy dr today and he said 'no, mirtz is an easy drug to come off'.  bah!  he has given me something for sleep but i am a bit afraid. mind you,i want to sleep.  are you completely off mirtz?
    • Posted

Hi suzie, yes I'm completely off mirt & glad to be so as the weightgain was a huge factor in bringing my mood down, your Dr needs a kick up the butt if he/she thinks it easy to come off, I really thought id got away light on the WD symptoms but the past few nights I've found I'm really struggling even though I'm also on something to help me sleep, I've even taken a Temazapam on top of 'sleepy' meds & it's not made a difference at all, feeling very agitated & jumpy tonight, normally I'm in bed by 10pm & out like a light, it's nearly 2am & I'm feeling like sleep is a long way off, hoping you get your much needed sleep suzie xx
    • Posted

you're funny.. you sound like my english friend.  what sleep medication are you taking if you don't mind my asking?
    • Posted

I don't mind you asking at all, I was on 75mg of Effexor & 3.75mg of zopiclone before being taken off mirt, once taken off mirt Effexor was put up to 100mg daily & 7,5mg zopiclone nightly, all was going well until thurs or fri & I've found a real drop in mood & sleeping & if I don't get sleep I'm like a raging devil at the best of times lol, but there's no way I'll go back on mirt permanently due to the weightgain, though tonight I'm seriously considering taking one just to sleep for a few hours x
    • Posted

I'm even considering a large brandy to see if that would help but had problems with alcohol in the past & don't want to go down that road again xx
    • Posted

lack of sleep and sad mood go hand in hand...changing medication is not an easy thing to do.  i will still need to be out on something .. i jusy don't know what, but there are many moments i want to go to the hospital ..

anyway, don't have a drink,take a tablet!  sleep  many blessings

• Posted

Zopiclone can start to lose it's effect if you take it for more than 4 week, apparently the body gets used to it and you have to take higher dose for same effect. You can also get addicted to it.
    • Posted

Hi Brandy. I heard that Effexor was hard to quit and  also mirt.Why are you on these awful? or were on them? I was put on mirt for a few weeks but was nauseous so no good. Stopped with no drama;thank heavens? They were for anxiety or depression. The best medicine to help sleep and also for depression is Endep( amitryptiline). No side effects.Turned out ;after 30years on anxiety meds Alepam;(oxazepam) the tablet was giving me anxiety thru only lasting 8 hrs, rest of the day spent in withdrawal. Docs got a lot to answer for. What do you think about that, my dears?
    • Posted

Hi Maggie, I've been on Effexor for years for depression, had a nervous breakdown 3 years ago & was put on mirt as well, they really did help but after putting on so much weight which is now affecting my health docs took me off mirt, was doing really well without them & considered myself lucky not to have the WD that lots are suffering from, only past few days have been pure torture 😞 hoping it will pass soon, thank you for your thoughts x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.