Sarcoidosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis 2 months ago whilst in hospital for 3 weeks. I had IV Prednisolone x 3000mg over 3 days. Left me totally shattered. I'm now on 40mg daily & I think I have developed psychosis as I'm getting terrible mood swings. I have almost all side effects associated with this. Don't know what to do

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sarcoidoses Hallo   Rob 

If I might say so  then you go back to your dr  and tell him or hor her whats going on 

I had the same mood swings as yours I think  and  amm sooo tired sometimes 

and I blame it all on Prednison

• Posted

Tell your doctor.

I doubt it is full blown psychosis, although that is possible and it does happen, but if it is any comfort mood swings with high dose pred are common. Often splitting the dose over the day can help, but that isn't always suitable depending on the illness and I don't know much about sarcoidosis. So, tell your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.