Saw multiple doctors and ENTs, Still no better (LPR)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Detail: Im 19 years old and i have a short history of smoking tobacco and using chewing tobacco) (less then a year) I have scene atleast 4 doctors in the past few months, and I have scene the same ENT about 3 times this month for different things regaurding the same issue. I hate to type or even say this out loud, but I can't stop thinking I have throat cancer. I have a bunch of mucus i hack up all day, i clear my throat so much my girlfriend is starting to get annoyed, and It feels tight when I swallow, like everthing is grinding together. I swear I feel like I'm going crazy! Last time i scene the ENT i described to him how i get so anxious that I will stick my finger deep down my throat and feel for stuff or look for blood when I pull it out (never found blood). He says it's very unlikely that I would have cancer so young, but I always hear of people getting it young and it scares me so much that it makes me depressed, due to the fact I think of it multiple times a day. PLEASE HELP. FEELING SUICIDAL. although I know that I would never take my own life. Been on prilosec twice a day for about a month, now Im down to taking it once a day. Been trying to eat well, despite being broke, I have to be fortunate and make due with the food we have and can afford.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Its probably reflux and priolsec takes at least 8 weeks to work. I would go back to 2 a day and see if that clears up your symptoms. I have been taking the equivalent of large dose of that for 10 years under medical supervision and it keeps my reflux in check. 

It helps if you can work out what triggers you such as acidic or spicy foods, sodas etc and of course give up the cigarettes. That is what will give you cancer not the reflux but as the doctor says it takes time. 

• Posted

You can not have throat cancer at this age. It's almost impossible, so stop worrying...

• Posted

BTW I QUIT SMOKING LIKE & MONTHS AGO, AND THANKS FOR WRITTING BACK GUYS, I APPRECIATE IT!

• Posted

Also forgot but, I have hiccups on a daily basis, does anyone with LPR have them?
    • Posted

I get daily vicious hiccups so I think this could be a symptom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.