scabies, cleaning or change of environment is key

Posted , 4 users are following.

If you have been diagnosed with scabies do not believe that just using Permethrin Cream and Ivermectin will cure you. I had a moderate infection and my doctor told me nothing about cleaning my house bed and car. So the first round of permethrin and Ivermectin did nothing and I suffered with the mites and symptoms for four weeks when every doctor told me two weeks max.

Mop your hard floors wood and tile with boiling hot water. Assume they are everywhere. I boiled my clothes too which ruined some and ruined some sneakers. But the boiling was the turning point and I'm glad I did it. I bought a turkey fryer with a propane tank because boiling all my clothes indoors was too much for my landlord. Turkey fryer cost $70 at Lowes and propane tank another $50.

If you have permanent carpet you may want to move to a hotel or get out of there for at least three days as the mites cant live past three days without a meal. 

The Permethrin cream should be applied more than just once every two weeks as my doctor said. If you can get your hands on more apply it more. I went to a third world country and no prescription was necessary and I applied it every day for three days without any side effects.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey! i just started boiling my clothes that i have out about the days ago. are you fully healed now?

do you have any other tips? what did you do for the car? with this lockdown, my car has literally been siting for weeks in the sun!

thanks!!

shan

• Posted

i also find wearing socks and disposable gloves to be helpful for preventing re infection. i cover my work chair in plastic and change clothes before i sit on anything else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.