Scabies diagnosis but no contact with people?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had an itchy rash for 10 days and anti-histamines don't help. Saw my GP who looked at hands and said it was scabies. I was relieved to know what it is and went to NHS online to learn more. Trouble is I live alone, don't work, don't share bedding/towels, only meet people walking the dogs, haven't been away for months and don't have a sexual partner so can't see how I'd have got it and it seems that the treatment can make any other diagnoses worse. The rash has faded but in the right light you can see bumps where the spots were, especially on my face. For the first time in 10 days I've woken up with no itching so do I still smother myself in the cream?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You don't have to to get this try coconut oil it will bring them out at first then you will know. But then you know you came into contact with someone with it. So ... You need treatment Right away with is hard cause people think you are crazy so... Dermatologist is the best way and if you do coconut oil you can get proof.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.