Scabies,help please!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got scabies from being a caretaker. Are there any long term or short term side effects of ivermectin ? I have an appointment today with my doctor and she mentioned on the phone that it's toxic, but I think it may be my only option at this point.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

why do you say that’s your only option? have you tried the Permethrin yet??

some people have side effects, some dont. i think if your otherwise healthy, you should be okay??

ivermectin didnt work for us, but it does for a lot of people.

• Posted

I've tried permethrin and my doctor said she doesn't think it's scabies even though I started itching six weeks after I started being a caretaker for a lady who said she had been itching badly. Now my son is starting to itch too. My doctor wouldn't even listen or give me a skin test.

• Posted

Welcome to modern medicine. i hear you. After 2 treatments of ivermectin and 2 treatments of permethrin (all unsuccessful in eradicating the problem), I was appalled when my Doctor said, "Well, that's all we can do for you" and then refused to give me any other advice or assistance. Apparently, they think the sores on your skin are psychosomatic! Here's a suggestion about Ivermectin....get it and use it...BUT, at the same time cover yourself (head to toe) in a mixture of 50% tea tree oil and 50% carrier oil (such as olive oil). The idea is that the ivermectin kills them under your skin, while the tea tree kills them on top of your skin. An added benefit is that the tea tree oil is actually good for your skin and can be applied every 12 hours. You can't keep ivermectin on that long. i continued this treatment (tea tree/ oil) for at least a week. Very Important tip: clean under your nails and on your nail beds with bleach. Your nail beds and under your nails are the only places on your body that ivermectin and permethrin can't kill the buggers. Good luck and may God bless.

• Posted

Am i clear now? Yes, been free if it for about 2 years (after having dealt with it for about 2 horrible years). I would go with what your Dr. prescribes (of course, in addition to the Tea Tree oil/carrier oil combination). Again, don't forget your fingernails.

• Posted

thank you. if ivermectin didnt work for us twice now, do you think tea tree has the potential to with alone?

• Posted

It's hard to say. I think it would take longer. Frankly, I took slightly more than the amount that the Doctor prescribed (as it's based on weight). I think it's the combination of the two that did the trick for me.

• Edited

I haven't tried it yet but I'm gonna to soon I'm going to try to find some because my doctor was no help.

• Posted

they sell ivermectin at some feed stores promectin for cattle can be used for other animals theres a video on YouTube of a person treating their guinea pig & using an oral syringe with measurements on it to configure an appropriate dosage depending on weight they put it on topically which absorbs into the skin Id imagine a person would be able to use it as well you can check out the videoby typing treating ginger the guinea pig for scabies. if you have any pets you will need to treat them as well & also any family members living with you or close contacts all need to be treated at the same time Ive been researching this for sometime permethrin you can get prescribed also & diatomacious earth you can use for carpeting & furniture nematodes can be used outside clove oil & tea trea oil can be used topically anise oil is also beneficial neem oil is good to use on pets & people Ive heard of grapefruit seed extract being used but I havent purchased that yet but it has alot of good reviews for a wide array of medicinal uses. Also dilute ammoniated mercury 5% which is used in the worst cases usually when it becomes crusted scabies also known as norwegian. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.