Scabies not gone!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am so depressed! Stopped taking oral moxidenton because it was making me sick. My joints were so stiff I could barely walk. It didn't work for me anyway. New bumps still showed up. Now I am using sulfur with gasoline. It's starting to work. From what I have read on these wonderful forums I just have to keep it on all the time do when new ones hatch they will be killed by the sulfur. I hope so! Six months of this scourge is enough. I need my life back! My brother is coming to visit next month and I don't know if I should cancel. My husband had them and was cured with permethrin and ivermectin 2 doses, We stay at arms length and so far he has not been reinfected. I put been in me hair every day. Haven't gone out without a hat in six months. Please God help me. I am so lonely and isolated. My husband can't talk about it. I have spent so much money can't spend anymore. I can't believe this is 2017 and 3 doctors poo poor me away with the cream. The third doctor barely looked at me and avoided eye contact. Refused ivermectin so I had to get the horse paste. Any suggestions would help, I am cleaning and washing house, car,and pets. Diamectrous earth on everyone also HELP! I know why people commit suicide with this!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You are one of the very people I've come across who is/was taking moxidenton, something I read about here and elsewhere, and I actually bought the horse paste. My doctor friend took one look at the warnings and literally confiscated it from me. Thank you for sharing your experience. 

I've done a ton of stuff. A ton. I am now taking Ivermectin at 1.8X dose every other day and Permethrin every day. 

I've used neem oil, kleen green and sulphur. Tea tree oil and other essential oils burn my skin. My skin is a wreak, and very sensitive now. I can't use neem any more on the upper body - too sensitive. Neem is supposed to disrupt the reproductive cycle, and I've read research out of India that suggests it works. I just can't do it. Sulphur has also been used successfully, but, my skin is sensitive to that as well.

I've been struggling with this for many months - one step forward, two steps back. It's brutal.

Some possible hope: I came across a comment by someone who said she her husband used an infrared sauna and cured himself, and then she did too. She did 45 minutes in the sauna multiple times.

There's not much data on this, but I found one post that said 15 minutes at 120 degrees kills them.

I did 1 hour in an infrared sauna yesterday, at about 150 degrees for 40 minutes (keep in mind it takes time to warm up, at least 20 minutes), I stepped out for 2 minutes, went back in and turned it down to 140 degrees for the final 20 minutes. I'm going to be doing a sauna every day to every other day for at least a couple of weeks to see what happens, in addition to the Ivermectin and Perm routine.

Finally, I'm using a cotton tip to put Turpentine directly on burrows and that does seem to help (and stings too!).

I've read countless comments, read tons of websites, have personally tried a huge number of therapies and protocols, and am well over $2,500 already. Of all the things I've come across, the infrared sauna (or even regular) gives me the most hope because it kills the mites without destroying the skin or poisoning the body. It may be worth looking into!

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

I mean this in the nicest way possible, you need to RELAX.   It is completely unnecessary to be using gasoline on your skin!  Scabies are easy to treat, if you do everything properly! 

1) put on a clean set of bed sheets, comforter, pillow cases blankets and all. 

2) apply permethrin 5% from neck down to your toes. IN EVERY CREVICE. Yes even there. 

3) let it dry. Reapply to your hands if they get wet. 

4) GO TO BED AND RELAX. Keep the cream on for atleast 8-14 hours. It is NOT necessary to keep the cream on any longer, as it is a pesticide that is not essentially good for our skin. 

5) Wake up, shower and wash all of the cream off.  Wash your bedding again. Put on new /clean bedding. Pillow cases, comforter, sheets. Everything. 

6) doesn't hurt to do a quick vacuum around the house after.  You can also vacuum your car as well. But I wouldn't say it's necessaery (I didn't)

7) anything that can't be washed, put in a garbage bag tied up for 4-5 days. (Scabies die after 48-72 hours off humans)

8) make sure everyone in your house is treated at the same time. Also any close contacts. Meaning direct skin to skin contact for an extended period of time. Or if you shared a bed with someone recently. 

9) it is UNCOMMON to be reinfested by objects/items. 95% of the time, reinfestation is because after being treated, they went and hung out with someone with scabies.

10) a week later, (7 days exactly) reapply the permethrin 5% and follow the same exact steps.  They will be GONE.  

After permethrin application - your skin WILL be irritated (new bumps, red skin, etc). You should not notice any new burrows!  After all, you are basically rubbing Raid lotion all over your body.  EXPECT your skin to be irritated and be worse until it gets better.  My best advice is to ask your doctor for Triamcinolone Acetate cream.  It will do wonders for your skin irritation. Also, expect to itch. Between the chemical that was just rubbed into your body, PLUS your bodies reaction to dead bites/eggs and feces, your skin itching is a normal reaction!  Stay calm and find peace that permethrin is the most common used and successful  medicine to treat scabies.  It's has a 95% success rate after 2 treatments one week apart. 95%!   Stop worrying, stop using other harmful things to rub into your skin. Most the people on these forums saying scabies dont go away, are the people who are repeating treatment way more than necessary, and people who are constantly staring at their skin, nitpicking every bump they see.  I drove myself crazy looking at forums when I was trying to treat my scabies. Once I stopped researching, everything got better and I'm SCABIES FREE.  

• Posted

Dear RachEm88

Thank you for your support. You are right I have to get a grip here. I have had this for 7 months and have done permethrin and ivermectin from doctor a couple of times now . My husband was cured right away but not me. We sleep in same bed, both pet the dogs, share the computer, and he was not reinfected. I went to the doctor ( 4th) time, diffent doc. She gave me a script for antibiotic and anti anxiety. 5 minute consult and referral to dermatologist. I can't be wasting this money! I am on fixed income. I am going to just keep mixing up sulfur. Also, they are in my scalp and have made several burrows on my face. They are near my eyes, it's awful. So I will have to use permethrin just on those spots and my scalp, I took ivermectin 30 days to no avail! I'm so devastated by this I can't stop crying. I feel crawling and pinbpricks. The sulfur helps a lot, and I have researched if I am consistent every day and night they will eventually die as they hatch and come out into the sulfur. I hate it so much. It stinks and is messy as hell. These scabies are a menace to society but I looked up CDC infectious diseases and I couldn't believe what horrible diseases are out there and old ones coming back like Black Plague and Ebola. So many many others that are killing peoples by the thousands. So I stopped being mad at CDC once I read that! Thanks for giving me hope I need it😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.