Scabies or post scabies? Very itchy rash.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi guys, 

I really, really need your help.. about 2 years ago my ex girlfriend had a very weird rash and the doctor prescribed her a lot o sprays and creams to apply on skin. When her rash was gone she slept at mine and about 3 months later I had a rash. It started on my feet. My feet were covered in blister-like rash which was EXTREMELY itchy. Both were my hands, writsts and stomach. Then it spread to my parents and when they went to the derm the first time they were told it was allergy, the second time eczema and the third time SCABIES. We were all prescribed crotamiton and after 3 days of applying this, all was gone. We repeated the treatment several times because of a new rashes.

Since a month or two months I'm experiencing a very weird rash. I have it on my calfs, inner side of thighs, hips, buttocks. I used permethrine cream many times but it wasn't itchy while the cream was on and a couple of hours after washing it off. Then it was even worse.

I went to a doctor and told him about scabies in the past. Another doctor came to have a look at my rash as well and they both said that it's some kind of a skin infection. I got dermol cream and antibiotic (penicilin). It was gone during the first 3 days of taking antibiotic. When I was right about to finish my antibiotic I had rash again and I felt a strange feeling in my feet as if there was something crawling inside. I went to a doctor and told about that. She said : "you may experience a lot of different feelings after skin infection". I put ink on my feet but there were no burrows just a very very tiny dots like it was made with a pin. 

Now I have a red, bumpy and extremely itchy rash on my legs (inner side) and my stomach. I went to another doctor and showed the problem. She looked at that and said "it's some kind of infection, it can be because of a sore throat and I know people who had this" and then she continued "i cannot gice you another antibiotic. keep on using dermol and use antyhistamine to help you with itching. you can buy it over-the-counter". I said that I feel a crawling feeling in my feet and she asked if I have that between fingers. When I denied she said "if you don't have it on webspaces it's unlikely it's scabies" 

Come on guys.. 4 doctors: dermatitis, allergy, infection.. it's spreading.

Any help?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have always said the medicine prescribed to get rid of scabies is an extreme irritant for the skin. I have not applied permethrin since late Oct early Nov and I have tinglings and skin bumbs like the ones you showed. Unless you have track marks with burrows, little to worry about. For now I would quit the medicine as long as you can...
    • Posted

Yes I still suffer some itching, redness, small hive type bumps and lines but no track marks or bites. I think mine is post perm reaction?
    • Posted

Do you also have a weird feeling as if there was something crawling under your skin?
    • Posted

Not sure who your question is addressed to but during my scabies outbreak I found the itching very hard to locate and scratch - it did feel like it was under the skin. Even now with what I think are post scabies syndrome, my itching still feels like it is under the skin but I have been told this could be the dead mites coming to the surface ?
  • Posted

Hi, Mark,

First off, you have my sympathy.  I 've have been dealing with this issue for some time now.  Try grapeseed oil, mixed with Diatomaceous Earth and turmeric.  The D.E.is approx. nine dollars for smallest content.  Buy the turmeric, in bulk, found in most health food stores. Small bag of tumeric should last approx. one month. Low cost at five dollars.

Apply this mixture after bathing in sea salt for one hour.

Also, follow up on improving one's immune system.  Oh...and pray!

• Posted

mark! did you ever figure this out? i have the same thing and the dr said scabies so i used elimite 5 times. Is it a reaction after scabies, post scabie syndrome? or is it bed bugs?
  • Posted

I had a rash that wash extremely itchy and ii was miserable. Doctor couldn't tell me anything, tried any and everything because I couldn't take it anymore. Came across candidaisis, yeast infection of the skin. Rubbed different yeast infection creams on until I figured out which one would work on it and also took yeast relief tablets. Symptoms started going away within an hour or so. You also need to keep it as clean and dry as possible. Yeast thrives in warm, moist environments. Diaper cream also works wonders. Get a max strength product with the highest amount of zinc oxide in it. I'm late but hope you're feeling better

• Posted

guys

I have a similar thing. I have gad it for 18 months. I use permetrhin cream ALL the time plus clove oil (dilute to 10% in any oil or up to 100% clove oil). The problem I have is that I SEEM to be clear but they come back. For example, my scalp was clear. Then I started feeling an irritation - and a red lump was developing. I believe scabies can live under the skin (eggs stay dormant?) much longer than the medics think is the case. I am going to seek out a scientist to help me (as I work at a university). By the way, I have not had itching --- all I get is the irritation/movement feeling and sometimes I feel real bites! I also have the pin prick red marks - hundreds. All this was ignored by medics as "delusional". So my advice is use permethrin and/or clove oil.... all the time at first, and be ready for reoccurrences.

• Posted

and I forgot to mention that I did see a scabies mite - it was on my face near my eye as I was going to sleep. With a 10x magnifier I could see the tiny legs at the front, as shown in scientific pictures. So I am pretty sure I do have scabies despite no itch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.